• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Inflated Prices ? Bait and Switch?

law2023

Reaction score
I recently bought a hickey freeman suit from their own site. The suit was listed as in the $1600 range, reduced down to the $500 range. It arrived with a $7~800 range price tag, no stickers overlapping it or anything, suggesting an original price of $700-800. Was I duped?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a hickey freeman suit from their own site. The suit was listed as in the $1600 range, reduced down to the $500 range. It arrived with a $7~800 range price tag, no stickers overlapping it or anything, suggesting an original price of $700-800. Was I duped?
I know HF has a lower end line, or at least did, but it could have just been an honest mistake too.

Any chance you could post pics of the label and inner tags?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re happy with the suit don’t worry about it. If it’s really bothering you, just return it. Don’t worry so much about the retail price and the discount. You buy a suit because you need it or want it, not because it was offered at a deep discount.

Like I said, probably just a mistake on their part. And if LP 150 fabric feels coarse to you, I don’t know what to say. I have suits made of the same fabric and feel otherwise.

do you makes your happy.

Clintonjl

Reaction score
Given the fabric, and assuming the jack is full canvass, I would imagine it retails for $1600 (Weird about the tag though). LP Super 150s is not cheap, lol.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.