• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inexpensive Slim Wool Pants (yes, I used the search function)

Tristan.sf

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked loads of times before, but I haven't found what I'm looking for in the archived threads. I'm looking for a pair of wool trousers with a very slim fit, with an approximate budget of $50. The reason I'm not satisfied with the previous threads I've found is that I don't want to spend $100 on a really good pair of wool trousers, only to grow out of them in six months. I know that inexpensive prices and good quality are usually not found together, but can any of you suggest some wool pants of reasonable quality? And as for the slim fit, what I meant was a true slim fit, and not some sort of tapered straight rubbish; I'm extremely slim, so much that people have suggested I try children's sizes on multiple occasions. The problem with this is that I am in a state of size somewhere between children's and men's clothes.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
$50 wool pants is a tough call...you will definitely get what you pay for. Why not just get some good cotton mabitex for around 50 bucks. Or go to BR and hope you get lucky in a sale. Or get a cheap ill-fitting pair off ebay and find a good tailor.

Well made and well fitting wool trousers for 50 bucks is like my chubby over 50 neighbor Carl asking for a night with mila kunis. Probably aint gonna happen.

paco_deluca

Reaction score
have you tried women trousers? they should be a fit between the children's and men's.

The Thin Man

Reaction score

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
No 100% wool dress pants are going to be $50 or under. You just aren't being realistic unless you find a huge sale or go the used route on ebay or on B&S here.

Plus, take into account that you might have to put a little bit of $ into alterations, $50 is even more unrealistic. If you already have wool dress pants that fit in the waist and inseam, but aren't slim enough for you, just get them slimmed down by your tailor. That will be the cheapest route.

Tristan.sf

Reaction score
I need a 32'' inseam, so those won't work. I've never been to a Uniqlo as there aren't any near me.; I didn't see anything I wanted at H&M the last time I was there.
Originally Posted by The Thin Man
These might be worth a try:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300508365085&_trksid=p1000008.m2000041 Off the top of my head, I would think uniqlo or H&M might be possibilities.
Can you only find pure wool at the expensive end of the spectrum? I'm willing to settle for something that is mostly wool, as long as it has a good fit. And my budget was only an approximation.. but I guess I will have to increase it a little, or settle for something of lesser quality.
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
No 100% wool dress pants are going to be $50 or under. You just aren't being realistic unless you find a huge sale or go the used route on ebay or on B&S here. Plus, take into account that you might have to put a little bit of $ into alterations, $50 is even more unrealistic. If you already have wool dress pants that fit in the waist and inseam, but aren't slim enough for you, just get them slimmed down by your tailor. That will be the cheapest route.

Jay

Reaction score
H&M has slim 100% wool pants for about $70 and I think the inseam is around 32".

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
About a year ago, I bought a couple of slim fit wool trousers from Uniqlo in NYC for $50 each. If you are in that area, I recommend you check it out.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would second the BR rec. It's not great but easily had on sale, and the tailored fit is pretty slim. Sizing wise, I have an actual 33" waist and get a sz 31.

Tristan.sf

Reaction score
I can usually get fairly good discounts at B.R., so I'll probably just go with something from them, like one of these two. Do you reckon there is much of a difference in quality between B.R. & H&M?
Originally Posted by bananananana
I would second the BR rec. It's not great but easily had on sale, and the tailored fit is pretty slim. Sizing wise, I have an actual 33" waist and get a sz 31.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They'll both last you the 6 months you forecast before growing out of htem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads