• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inexpensive polka dot knit ties

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Kent Wang and Howard Yount,I don't know what your price range is,I think they are in the $60-70 range.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hikari013
I saw that the tiebar had some the other day.

http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPag...ptionValueIds=

Only a couple colors in polka dot knit ties, but they had navy.

Just saw this, actually. I wonder if their knits are any better in quality than their regular ties. I was not too impressed with the worsted navy tie I bought from them this winter. Of course, what do you want for 15 bucks, right?

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I wonder if their knits are any better in quality than their regular ties.
While I have a few regular Tie Bar ties and find them to be of perfectly satisfactory quality (albeit, nothing remarkable), it may be true that the gulf in quality between adequate silk knit ties and outstanding silk knit ties, tends to be less than is the difference in quality between adequate and outstanding neckties of other types.

So it could well be that their knit ties will seem better in quality.

FWIW, I decided to buy a couple of knit ties from The Tie Bar, just yesterday. (Both extra long. All praise to The Tie Bar for offering so many of its ties in extra long lengths, and for pricing them but a reasonable $5 above the cost of their regular length ties.)
--
Michael

officeboy

Reaction score
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...tml?rcmndsrc=2 <<but black Sorry, I was hopping you would find something cheap and I was gonna grab one too. Maybe tiebar will see this and add some to their inventory. Hah, my post was beaten by miles. I have a plain tiebar knit tie and it's pretty nice. Their regular ties are pretty good too. Easily as good as the $40-$50 range as Macy's etc.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/ It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/

It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it.

I really like Hober's ties and their whole "thing" but sewn knit ties with a triangle tip just seem weird.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/ It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it.
Metlin, Thank you for thinking of us - but we do not have any knits at all. Officeboy, Thank you for your kind words, while we do not currently work with knits, if we did we would be happy to make knits with triangle tips.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Have you checked eBay? I have found quite a few at great prices making it easy to take the chance. Here's a perfect example:
dottie.jpg
laugh.gif

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sam Hober

Metlin,

Thank you for thinking of us - but we do not have any knits at all.

Officeboy,

Thank you for your kind words, while we do not currently work with knits, if we did we would be happy to make knits with triangle tips.

Grenadine isn't a knit?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
Just saw this, actually. I wonder if their knits are any better in quality than their regular ties. I was not too impressed with the worsted navy tie I bought from them this winter. Of course, what do you want for 15 bucks, right?

Their knits are awesome. (for $15) Just get the wider version. This is one of their knits:

WtHTX.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads