• We would like to welcome Lazy Sun as an official Affiliate Vendor. Lazy Sun is a shop in Park City with a focus on brands that believe function shouldn’t come at the expense of form. Please visit the Lazy Sun thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indoor Shoes (soft-soled)

Brian SD

Reaction score
I don't believe I've ever seen this topic come up before, but it's worth looking at for me because like many places of work in Asia, mine requires that I have some sort of shoes that I only wear indoor. Disregarding mocs and sneaks, what kind of rubber or soft leather-soled shoes have you all come across? People here commonly wear slips, sneakers and crocs, but I could never put myself through any of that when wearing a suit. Standard dress shoes are not ideal because it's really just embarrassing to be clunking about while everyone else's footsteps are barely audible. As the only white boy there, I already have enough watchful eyes on my every move. In a few minutes of browsing, I found two different pairs from Lad Musician (19,000 JPY for the canvas, 26,000 JPY for leather) that both looked appealing to me. But before I bite the bullet on the leathers pictured below, I'd like to get some input from others as to what kind of comfortable shoes you've handled or owned that would are low-profile, but still classy enough as to not look so out of the ordinary with a suit. Feel free to post up mocs or loafers, but for me specifically I want to avoid both as I've never seen a pair that looked good on me.
16Uhd.jpg
[/IMG]
CZQmD.jpg
zZcFt.jpg
2JNHr.jpg

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My preference
Manwearingpointeshoes.jpg
Decent alternatives:
950-535-photo3.jpg
xpyask.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Reaction score
interesting. I remember that some goth ninja brand makes a "ballet flat" shoe - sounds like a women's shoes but wasn't. someone might know what these are. also, the immediate thing that sprung to mind were the Jil Sander rubber soled shoes, but good luck finding them. Not really inside shoes either:
00110mokm.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i like this thread

first lads ain't bad, toe looks strange

Brian SD

Reaction score
Those Jils are very nice as I've tried them on before. They look great but despite the rubber sole are too hard on the bottom to be what I'm looking for.
If those were black, and incredibly cheap, I'd bite, at least until I found something for the longer term. Not my style, but definitely classier than crocs or rubber slips.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsTheLittleThings