• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indonesian Boot Makers (Onderhoud, Benzein, RenavGoods, Santalum, etc)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking roughly what price range these Junkard boots are? I appreciate different options can probably impact the price vastly. Just wanted a ballpark idea really.

$420 USD including shipping. This price was for a customized boot with Horween Chromexcel leather. Local leather options would be much cheaper.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm around a US12 D on Brannock, recently got some Viberg 2030 service boots in 11.5 which fit well.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got confirmation I'm next. That means production is 2 weeks behind schedule for Prof Barnets boots, which to me is negligible. Really excited.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got confirmation I'm next. That means production is 2 weeks behind schedule for Prof Barnets boots, which to me is negligible. Really excited.
Hmm....
I was thinking about entering the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome contest with the Prof Barnet’s that I ordered in late July. They were supposed to be done in two months, which would get them to me just about a week before the contest start.

When I messaged him a couple of weeks ago, he indicated that we are still planning for September. I have my doubts now though.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with the huge boost in popularity of Engineer boots in recent years withing the community of footwear enthusiasts, and the lack of affordable quality options in that style, the writing was on the wall that Indonesian bootmakers would have demands.

For the last 2-3 years, in my opinion, the lasts they were working from were not great for the style. They looked like derby lasts with a tall shaft (or is it shift?) and that's not a great look for an engineer boot.

Enter Benzein who released a new last for engineer boots. And it *****.

1631625457124.png

Last edited:

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Those are beautiful. Had a bad experience with an Indonesian bookmaker which left a bad taste but might give it another shot with those.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful. Had a bad experience with an Indonesian bookmaker which left a bad taste but might give it another shot with those.
Yeah, would love to get some more details. These guys can be hit or miss

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Was it based on miscommunication or straight up product failure?

Actually, I'm completely mistaken. They're a company based in Vietnam called Fugashin. But I think it was a bit of both. I posted about it here. I've had no experience with Indonesian makers so the Benzein engineers would be a first.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next boots incoming from Bandung
20B34351-25A9-47DC-A3F3-9616616F14BD.png

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the Prof sent me a picture of my completed boots, saying that they need to be finished with a few details and they’ll be coming my way.

Will share the glamour shots once I get them. For now it’s just a production pic with an awkward angle.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the Prof sent me a picture of my completed boots, saying that they need to be finished with a few details and they’ll be coming my way.

Will share the glamour shots once I get them. For now it’s just a production pic with an awkward angle.
I was just wondering about this. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished boots.
Mine are nearing completion also.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of these companies do a hiking-style boot?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads