• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indonesian Boot Makers (Onderhoud, Benzein, RenavGoods, Santalum, etc)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in these makers but my feet are narrow and I have a bunion, so my concern is that if I buy a pair that doesn't fit (even if made to correcty specification) it's an expensive and non-returnable mistake. How do you overcome that concern?

Txture have quite a detailed fitting process, including about 6 or 7 measurements and drawing around your feet on a printable chart, as well as providing your usual size details - I used the same system for Junkard. I guess you could supply photos too, and point out specific issues. They seem happier the more measurements and visual information they have.

I've read about people who ordered boots online and just told the makers the size they thought they were, and were surprised when they got 'mistakes'. I don't understand that attitude from buyers. Really, it's up to us to provide the details they can't see.

lol_12345

Reaction score
I am interested in these makers but my feet are narrow and I have a bunion, so my concern is that if I buy a pair that doesn't fit (even if made to correcty specification) it's an expensive and non-returnable mistake. How do you overcome that concern?

thedenimdentist blog might be helpful for you. He mentions how he has bunions and what ordering from the Indonesian makers is like

denimdentist blog post on his Benzeins

Last edited:

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Santalum x Pigeon Tree Crafting

PTC was the go-between for the ordering so I can't comment on getting in touch with Santalum directly. I followed their trace foot & measure method which works well for me. I can tell these are sized to fit my feet though I did include measurements for both feet as my left is slightly bigger than my right. These were veg tanned leather then indigo overdyed by PTC. Stitchdown construction but hand-welted. Single dainite sole. If PTC ever does another batch, I'd recommend going through him but Santalum is worth a try imho.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 176

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got another month of waiting before my order from Prof. Barnet’s is finished.
Hopefully someone can post a picture of a pair they have from Prof. Barnet’s or another Indonesian bootmaker in the meantime.

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't asked for status on my pair but they should be ready by the end of the month!

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2-month quote said the boots would be finished like a week ago, and they’re not. I’m assuming I’ll get them in 2-3 weeks. Or not. I’m trying not to be obnoxious. I asked if they’d be delivered by October first a few days ago and I haven’t had an answer yet.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indonesia was on lockdown so people can’t travel to work.

• Sad
Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Haris (Prof Barnets) told me I’m third in line from now. I should have my boots in 2 weeks I guess, as he completes around a pair of boots every 2.5 days if you check his social media.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my boots from Junkard... I am assured they are in progress. That's okay. For what I'm paying, I'm in no hurry - and it's still a pandemic situation. They can take their time.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my boots from Junkard... I am assured they are in progress. That's okay. For what I'm paying, I'm in no hurry - and it's still a pandemic situation. They can take their time.

Do you mind me asking roughly what price range these Junkard boots are? I appreciate different options can probably impact the price vastly. Just wanted a ballpark idea really.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads