• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indonesian Boot Makers (Onderhoud, Benzein, RenavGoods, Santalum, etc)

basu13

Reaction score
Prices start from 350 USD for local leather

500 USD for imported leathers.

Since its MTO, depending on leather, models and other options prices will increase

Does the Onderhoud SVC03 fit true to size? Meaning, would you take your Brannock size, or size down half (as is usually the case with boots)? Most Indonesian makers seem to go by Euro sizes. I'm an 8 UK and 42 Euro, that's the size I give them and that has worked fine. Not sure is Onderhoud follows the same method.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the Onderhoud SVC03 fit true to size? Meaning, would you take your Brannock size, or size down half (as is usually the case with boots)? Most Indonesian makers seem to go by Euro sizes. I'm an 8 UK and 42 Euro, that's the size I give them and that has worked fine. Not sure is Onderhoud follows the same method.

if you order from him he will talk about sizing. ask measurements as well (if needed).

He has a few different lasts and the sizing is a bit different in them. so its better you have a conversation with him about sizing

My experience has been positive with him. I have 3 pairs and all fit very nicely

basu13

Reaction score
if you order from him he will talk about sizing. ask measurements as well (if needed).

He has a few different lasts and the sizing is a bit different in them. so its better you have a conversation with him about sizing

My experience has been positive with him. I have 3 pairs and all fit very nicely
Thanks. I would have spoken to him but he often puts a condition on his Instagram lottery posts that you have to know your size in order to place an order with him ! Meaning , repeat customers only.

Hence the question specifically about SVC 03 since that's the model I am interested in. Would like to know your experience on that particular last.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I would have spoken to him but he often puts a condition on his Instagram lottery posts that you have to know your size in order to place an order with him ! Meaning , repeat customers only.

Hence the question specifically about SVC 03 since that's the model I am interested in. Would like to know your experience on that particular last.
no always.. he sometimes gives open slots. keep trying .. best of luck

Robe des

Reaction score
Prices start from 350 USD for local leather

500 USD for imported leathers.

Since its MTO, depending on leather, models and other options prices will increase
Great, thanks for the info man!

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am 11E bannock

I am 44E in his LVL01 SVC03 SVC02

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

I’ve never had any luck getting any form of reply, I like RenavGoods. I did a monkey boot design and he produced it as an mto/ready to wear line and we are doing a Boondocker. That’s not quite ready yet. I find his stuff fits tts. Also Benzein do but the last two Chelsea boots I got off him seem big. Aesthetically look a lot larger than others I’ve had so……

Reactions: XWT

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Onderhoud Packer boot in Natrural shinki horsebutt. 1 month of regular wear

539F70F2-9832-4A64-B830-B0A094B79012.jpeg
4DF2FB22-1BEB-4804-9C86-5D2952A9F0A8.jpeg
C324380C-88B8-4317-8BDC-485A1023590E.jpeg

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I am selling my Santalum service boots, made in Horween black waxed flesh, 44. These are just too big and voluminous for my skinny feet. They have had tongue pads in. Please note that I was wearing them when I had a paint spill and there was a bit of splashage (see some remaining marks on sole, which can easily be dealt with), and a bit of paint on the body of the boot itself which I dyed over on Horween's recommendation with Fiebling. I also managed to take a small chunk off the midsole of the right boot, outer side (see pic just above small paint splash), which has been dyed. Shipping from the UK. Despite the cosmetic damage they are in otherwise very good shape and barely worn, as the soles show. I love the look but the fit just wasn't right. I have no idea how to price these. They cost $390 (plus shipping, I think); make me an offer.

lol_12345

Reaction score
Got a brand new pair of onderhoud derbies in badalassi minerva for sale if anyone is interested! They're a size 41.5 with a size 42 length (fits similar to a viberg size 8 imo). $500 shipped. DM me for details!

Reactions: XWT

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads