• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino Trench Coats

xCoffee

Reaction score
Oh boy. I've been eyeing Indochino coats for a while now, waiting for the right time to buy. Thought it was a pity they only had the Navy. I'm definitely going to be jumping on one of these.

Would love to know people's opinions though.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After all the disasters in the other Indochino thread, and stories of needing 3 or more remakes before getting a suit that's even remotely wearable, I'm honestly astounded that people still consider purchasing anything from them...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
After all the disasters in the other Indochino thread, and stories of needing 3 or more remakes before getting a suit that's even remotely wearable, I'm honestly astounded that people still consider purchasing anything from them...

Link to that thread? I must have missed it.

bpm2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum

It'd be interesting to see their numbers - I'm curious on how many people use the $75 tailoring credit, and how much of it they use, as well as how many need remakes/returns. As with anything on the internet you're going to hear the loudest/displeased more than anyone else.

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
I'd order from them again. It's pretty good for the price point. I think the people that are upset are those with unrealistic expectations.

Not loving their trenches, though. If anyone gets one, I'd love to hear how water resistent their cotton is, if it's waxed at all.

xCoffee

Reaction score
Well, I've been looking for MTM trenches, and Burberry is out of my budget right now. I can't seem to find many other options at this price range.

markdc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Professor Chaos
I'd order from them again. It's pretty good for the price point. I think the people that are upset are those with unrealistic expectations.

Not loving their trenches, though. If anyone gets one, I'd love to hear how water resistent their cotton is, if it's waxed at all.

What details about the trenches don't you like, just wondering? Thanks for the comments.

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
I don't really know. I just don't love them. I don't know trenches enough to put my finger on it. Maybe I'm just annoyed at the bottom button being left undone and the belt not being fully wrapped around. What the guys at Indochino don't know about how to dress hurts the soul. Anyone who has seen the interview knows what I'm talking about.
uhoh.gif

GradSchooler

Reaction score
What interview? Link?

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Indochino review thread, you'll find a link to an interview with the founders. I'm too lazy to look for it
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads