1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

^You can upload pics to Tinypic.com and directly hotlink with the tags on this forum.

Also, fxnl buttonholes don't necc. "look better", they're just a custom quirk you can show off. I also realized yes you can get them on your 1st suit now thru the "Advanced Customization Options" link.

2. Approveusername

Approveusername Member

^You can upload pics to Tinypic.com and directly hotlink with the tags on this forum.

Also, fxnl buttonholes don't necc. "look better", they're just a custom quirk you can show off. I also realized yes you can get them on your 1st suit now thru the "Advanced Customization Options" link.[/I]

thanks. Yeah I guess, I don't think anyone else will focus on the buttons anyway, I'm just a perfectionist so I always obsess a bit too much. I think people focus on the fit and the shoulders and front part more than how the buttons look on the sleeves [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Will do that with tinypic when my suit gets back from the tailor.

3. LeafFreak

LeafFreak New Member

hello gentleman, Im new on style forum, this is honestly the only thread ive followed thus far, I came to know about this site because I did a random search seeking reviews on Indochino's product line. I was really interested in giving this a try and went through 90 or so odd pages in this thread hoping for some positive feedback to give me the green light. I am very pleased to hear that everyone is getting taking care of in regards to customer service and remakes but with the high percentage of negative comments, and the fact that the chocolate brown suit i wanted just magically went up $50 over night I just cant justify spending the money at the moment, or maybe im just not interested in the dissapointment when i open the box. I'll continue to follow this thread cause I like their business model and the 100% guarantee and I reaaaaalllly hope these guys pull it together and get consistant. Look forward to seeing more reviews if u guys keep taking chances on this :p

4. soyelhombre

soyelhombre New Member

5. sharkw

sharkw Member

GloStiX, that's a pretty awesome slim-fitting suit for $60, even if the material's crap! Can you tell me which ebay seller you got the suit from? Thanks!

I am going to order soon, and anticipate having to get a remake. I feel bad that I have to do this, but should I put in my true measurements, see what Indochino sends me, and go from there?

Their policy is that you have to request a remake within 14 (?) days of them sending the suit. So you have to receive it, take it to a tailor for a quote, and notify them in that time frame? Or can you request a remake without a tailor's quote?

Can I make any special comments/requests? I can measure my precise sleeve length off another suit, so can I do that and request surgeon cuffs for my 1st? 5 cuff buttons? I'm trying to soak in all the savvy of you experienced Indochino'ers.

Thanks.

BTW here's a pic of a $60 suit made-to-order by an Asian tailor via eBay. I supplied measurements, they got the pant length wrong, but this was a first attempt, for $60! I have much higher expectations of Indochino...

[​IMG]

6. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Is it possible to get the pants without front pockets? I don't want them to flare out
    are you a woman?

7. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

GloStiX, that's a pretty awesome slim-fitting suit for $60, even if the material's crap! Can you tell me which ebay seller you got the suit from? Thanks!
    I forget the seller name (it was weird) but if you eBay search for "custom tailor suit" or something like that you will find tons of listings by them: shirts, vests, suits.
    are you a woman?
    Pocket flare will give me the appearance of a woman's hips... that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. [​IMG] IC told me yes you can get no front pants pockets.

8. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

OK so I tried to use my Groupon code but Indochino's website says "coupon not found". Anyone know how to use a Groupon code with IC?

Also, do you need a tailor to fill out a form to get a remake? Or can you request a remake on the grounds of not being happy with the overall fit?

9. jbharris88

jbharris88 Senior member

OK so I tried to use my Groupon code but Indochino's website says "coupon not found". Anyone know how to use a Groupon code with IC?

Also, do you need a tailor to fill out a form to get a remake? Or can you request a remake on the grounds of not being happy with the overall fit?

I had similar trouble before. Make sure there are no spaces in the coupon code including the end after you enter the numbers/letters. If you still have trouble, email the code to Angie and she'll figure it out.

10. Yika

Yika Senior member

Is it possible to get the pants without front pockets? I don't want them to flare out

If it fits well enough, the pockets will not flare.

11. karnoculars

karnoculars New Member

Hi, first post for me! I was gifted with a groupon code, $50 for $150 worth of credit. This thread was the first thing that came up from a google search. I've been reading some of the thread and there's lots of good info, I have a few questions: - Does anybody have any pictures or experience with the Black Day at the Office suit? It looks nice on the website and Super 180 seems like a very nice material (I own a Boss suit that is only Super 100!) - Many of you have reported receiving suits that are too large in certain areas. I am 5'11 / 155 lbs, slim build. My suits are typically 38R, and my pants are typically either 32/30 or 31/30, depending on the brand. Are there any alterations to my "true" measurements that you would suggest to compensate for their tailors taking liberties with certain areas? - Will I be able to combine this groupon credit with another coupon code later on, or is this groupon code going to be used as a coupon code?

12. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

@karnoculars:
    2. Put in your real measurements, then see what Indoch. makes you, and correct it from there. That way you won't be responsible for the arm being too tight or made wrong, etc.
    3. No you can't stack coupon codes, this IS a coupon code.

I have the same Groupon, but can't get it to work--what is the format of your Groupon code? 1#######-0-1? Or ####-####?

I can't tell if I am entering the wrong code on my Groupon. I have tried every permutation with and without dashes, made sure there are no extra spaces, and none of them work.

13. karnoculars

karnoculars New Member

I believe my code is in format 1xxxxxxx-0-1 (the number at the top). I read that the groupon cannot be used until January 19th 12 AM, so I'm guessing that's why it won't work for you today?

14. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

Mine said Jan 18th, but that can be explained by the fact that there are quite a few of these in various cities on Groupon from different days.

15. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Super 180 seems like a very nice material (I own a Boss suit that is only Super 100!)

The [​IMG] in this is completely off the charts.