Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ZenStyle

ZenStyle Well-Known Member

dacheng and approve -did either of you guys selct the 'slim fit' option for the shirts or are they the standard fit shirts?

Approve - I know Indochino doesn't do the best shoulders, but not all suitmakers do a semless transition from shoulder to sleeve. I think it's called a roped shoulder or roped sleeve that comes up slightly above. Either way pics would be cool, before and after alterations.

2. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

Wanted to mention that too, roped shoulders are a style feature, not a mistake - my last Indochino suit (navy tweed) has roped shoulders and it actually looks really nice in my opinion. see here: [​IMG] or here in bigger resolution.

3. Approveusername

Approveusername Member

4. ZenStyle

ZenStyle Well-Known Member

It's not an option. It's the style of Indochino's suits. Many suitmakers use roped shoulders. Many don't also.

5. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

Yeah, it is not an option you can choose. I guess some of their tailors just do it like that?

6. dacheng

dacheng New Member

@ZenStyle: No, I did not pick Slim Fit. (And I just checked my order -- I don't even see that option...)

Since it was my first order with them, I was as conservative as I could be. Nothing fancy.

7. BC2012

BC2012 Senior member

Just got my first Indochino suit - quality of the fabric is average (about equivalent to the $200 suits at Men's Warehouse). The fit is horrible, though. Tailor said it'll be about $150 to fix up. Upper thighs are like clown pants, insanely baggy. The suit jacket has the same chest and waist size (even though my chest and waist are not equal in size and were clearly different in the measurements). same thing with the shirts, same waist and chest - super baggy.

On the plus side, the shoulders are nearly perfect, the body of the jacket is perfect, and the pants length is perfect. Still, is it worth paying $75 out of pocket for the alterations or $50 to ship this thing back for a remake when the suit is pretty much equivalent to a $200 OTR suit in my eyes - and with alterations will pretty much look the same?

8. jbharris88

jbharris88 Senior member

Just got my first Indochino suit - quality of the fabric is average (about equivalent to the $200 suits at Men's Warehouse). The fit is horrible, though. Tailor said it'll be about $150 to fix up. Upper thighs are like clown pants, insanely baggy. The suit jacket has the same chest and waist size (even though my chest and waist are not equal in size and were clearly different in the measurements). same thing with the shirts, same waist and chest - super baggy.

On the plus side, the shoulders are nearly perfect, the body of the jacket is perfect, and the pants length is perfect. Still, is it worth paying $75 out of pocket for the alterations or $50 to ship this thing back for a remake when the suit is pretty much equivalent to a $200 OTR suit in my eyes - and with alterations will pretty much look the same?

Sorry to hear. I've never seen where pants have been excessively large - typically the opposite. I would compare your true measurements to what they have on their site.

Where are you located? It cost me less than $10 to ship back. If you can get an equivalent suit OTR then by all means why waste your time with IC.

9. BC2012

BC2012 Senior member

Sorry to hear. I've never seen where pants have been excessively large - typically the opposite. I would compare your true measurements to what they have on their site.

Where are you located? It cost me less than $10 to ship back. If you can get an equivalent suit OTR then by all means why waste your time with IC.

Massachusetts. I quoted online (USPS) and it said like 47 bucks. $10 wouldn't be bad. I guess I mean OTR based on what I see here. Obviously, if they can fix it and make it look more tailored, it'd be better than OTR.

I measured the jacket and the chest and waist are exactly the same size, no taper. I just remeasured myself, too. The measurements on the site are good.

10. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

I am going to order soon, and anticipate having to get a remake. I feel bad that I have to do this, but should I put in my true measurements, see what Indochino sends me, and go from there? Their policy is that you have to request a remake within 14 (?) days of them sending the suit. So you have to receive it, take it to a tailor for a quote, and notify them in that time frame? Or can you request a remake without a tailor's quote? Can I make any special comments/requests? I can measure my precise sleeve length off another suit, so can I do that and request surgeon cuffs for my 1st? 5 cuff buttons? I'm trying to soak in all the savvy of you experienced Indochino'ers. Thanks. BTW here's a pic of a $60 suit made-to-order by an Asian tailor via eBay. I supplied measurements, they got the pant length wrong, but this was a first attempt, for $60! I have much higher expectations of Indochino... [​IMG]

11. landshark

landshark Senior member

For $60, it looks like you got what you wanted out of that asian tailor. I wonder how much different some random ebay tailor is from indochino.

12. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

I didn't mention the $60 suit is horrible synthetic fabric, pants waistband made of literally cardboard or something. It's something you can have stuff spilled on and not worry about.

But as far as Indochino, I would also like to know if anyone has chosen the "muscular chest" option and what that does exactly? More V-taper? But chest and waist measurements are fixed.

13. jbharris88

jbharris88 Senior member

Massachusetts. I quoted online (USPS) and it said like 47 bucks. $10 wouldn't be bad. I guess I mean OTR based on what I see here. Obviously, if they can fix it and make it look more tailored, it'd be better than OTR.

I measured the jacket and the chest and waist are exactly the same size, no taper. I just remeasured myself, too. The measurements on the site are good.

You are inputting the wrong thing into USPS. I just overnighted a 6 lb. package from Chicago to LA and it was less than that. If you send it back to IC it's going to Canada. You don't have to send back your package in a box inside a box inside a box - that's just stupid. They are donating the suit to charity! It will fit in one of those priority mail bags except its going intl. so just find something equivalent. I personally used a black trashbag wrapped well with packaging tape.

14. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

Is it possible to get the pants without front pockets? I don't want them to flare out

15. Approveusername

Approveusername Member

I didn't mention the $60 suit is horrible synthetic fabric, pants waistband made of literally cardboard or something. It's something you can have stuff spilled on and not worry about.

But as far as Indochino, I would also like to know if anyone has chosen the "muscular chest" option and what that does exactly? More V-taper? But chest and waist measurements are fixed.

I had this option. It fit well, don't know if it did anything more than have more room in the chest area I guess. I was going to take pics, but have already sent it to my tailor for smaller alterations

. Will get it back the 22nd this month. Will take pics then if I figure out how to post them here (use imageshack or something?)

A question, I didnt get the function button holes on the jacket arms, has anyone got this, does it look much better? Im regretting not getting it, and why doesnt indochino have pictures on all the different options, how they look?