1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mintyfresh

mintyfresh Senior member

Thanks for the responses here. I was unable to cancel the order, so decided to go into the showroom for a measurement. The whole experience took about 40 minutes and the associate (Hillary) was very pleasant to deal with. Will report back when I get the suit.

2. mintyfresh

mintyfresh Senior member

Reporting back!

Received the suit in about 3 weeks time and the verdict is positive. Very positive, actually.

The jacket is about 95% there to me. I will ask them to loosen up the back just a slight bit (if not possible, i'd be fine as is), and a very slight shortening of the sleeves.

The pants are also about 95% there. The back comes up slightly high, giving me a mini-wedgie. There seems to be sufficient fabric on the inside to let them out a wee bit. When wearing the jacket, the pants look perfect to me. Nice and slim.

I'll try to get pictures another day when the sun is out, given that my room is dim and pictures would be poor.

I'm very happy with the purchase, especially given the fraught reviews all over the web.

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Good to hear man. I think Indochino provides pretty good value (since everything is always on sale) if you can get it done in person and plan ahead.

4. mintyfresh

mintyfresh Senior member

After two more adjustments (jacket back loosened slightly, seat of pants adjusted, pants shortened), the suit is back and looks great!!

I'll say that the pants are improved, but still not 100%. I'll live with it - if it were off-the-rack, I wouldn't even notice. Indochino was more than willing to re-cut / make another adjustment, but I was sufficiently satisfied with the results.

I'm not sure if I would recommend Indochino's services if a storefront wasn't near or the individual lacks access to a good tailor nearby (I was tempted to just take the pants to LNC). Otherwise - worth a shot at the right price. Will try to share pics when I can get good lighting at home.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. mintyfresh

mintyfresh Senior member

Spot on. :slayer:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. thrillermanila

thrillermanila New Member

These guys are cheap - I'll give them that. But the fit seems to be really hit or miss. Not so sure I want to risk it

7. comrade

comrade Senior member

They sell junk.

1 person likes this.
  8. Matthew K

Matthew K New Member

I am currently awaiting a blazer. However, based on their delivery estimates, I should have received it 3 days ago. Anyways, I have slimmer shoulders (about 19") and build, but opted for the wide peak lapels because I wanted something a little more unique. I am currently a little worried that the lapels will come out looking way too wide and ridiculous. Would anyone be able to leave any input, both on the lapels and shipping times? Any responses would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  9. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Over a hundred pages and all I see is wasted cloth. I feel like 90% of the Indochino customers would be better served with RTW.

Edit: LOL I just stumbled on my own post back in 2012

I'm still waiting.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  10. Michell

Michell Member

if the lapel is too wide, maybe it could be adjusted by one professional tailor to narrow the lapel, but if there is flower hole on the lapel. and there is about too much needed to be narrow, it is not workable

11. Matthew K

Matthew K New Member

Thanks.
    They have just returned an email back to me after a really long time that mentioned that they would adjust the 4" based on height, weight, and build.

12. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

FWIW the founders exited basically after the company was acquired. Both of them likely got a nice cut out of the deal, and needless to say it's one of the rare success stories in the MTM suit business. I think we have to give them the props. Since 2014 it is run by a bunch of eCom guys and gals - all they care about is squeezing the last cent. None of them have a clothing or brand background except for 1 guy who manages the product line.

But close to high end it is definitely not, and back when it started companies like Suitsupply didn't have a big presence in the US, anything west or south of the New England states I suppose. The game has changed drastically since then. Labor prices in China is no longer what it was in 2008.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  13. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

Many of the RTW makers also have a m2m program.
    Its handled through their retailers.