1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. nautikal

nautikal Well-Known Member

You can also see if they can use a separate half back measurement. If your shoulders are rotated forward it will cause tightness across the upper back.

2. darryl20

darryl20 Member

I tried their regular shirts a few years back and the fabric's quite thin. But they also have the premium shirts, cost a bit more but those are just one of the best quality shirts I've worn.

3. qbgoose

qbgoose New Member

Thanks. They fixed it immediately.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

A lot of MTM companies will do that. Indochino may do it by request. I'll have to ask them. I have the opposite of OP's problem. My shoulders are more pulled back (last picture), so the yoke (back of shoulders) measurement needs to be a bit smaller so that the shoulders don't look too big from the back.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  5. DeltaGammaVega

DeltaGammaVega Member

How is Indochino on their remake policy? I ordered the essential navy suit and the pants were very very tight around my thigh. The tailor I took them to said she could fix them, however they are still super tight. Am I SOL on having indochino do a remake for free?

6. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

In my personal opinion if they don't fit fine, have them do a remake - that's the policy they offer and I don't think that would count as misusing it. You will still have costs of sending the pants back (and they have to be in unaltered condition).

7. mgw2000

mgw2000 New Member

I've been so impressed reading everyone's advice on tailoring, I was wondering if I could have some feedback on the Indochino suit I just received!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think it looks like way too much for a tailor to take on, the shoulders namely, so I'm assuming a remake is in order?

8. Karl Drogo

Karl Drogo Active Member

I just received an Indochino Essential Charcoal Suit and Supervisor Black & Blue Pinstriped Shirt I ordered during the Chinese New Year 20% off sale. Here are the pics. I only got it now because I had put it on hold while Indochino and I tried to work out my fit issues with my Navy Cotton Suit. Recall that unfortunately they ran out of the Navy Cotton Suit material so we couldn't do more iterations and tinkering with it, and proceeded with releasing the Essential Charcoal Suit back into production with adjustments supplied by my local tailor.

The shirt fits reliably the same as my two other Indochino shirts. However, I already have a general idea of what I need to adjust on the suit, but feedback is always greatly appreciated. Here's the funny thing... when I wear it and shift/adjust around little areas, it looks great, drapes well, wrinkles disappear, etc. Then I try and snap photos, and they make the suit look worse than it is, as seen below. :embar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TheKongoEmpire

TheKongoEmpire Active Member

10. Karl Drogo

Karl Drogo Active Member

Visited my tailor today. He gave me some assessments, which I have depicted below.

He recommended I reduce the left sleeve length by a quarter inch, reduce the chest by a quarter inch, reduce the front-to-back shoulder measurement by a half inch (see final photo below), and reduce the left-to-right shoulder measurement by a quarter inch. Thoughts on these adjustments? They all easily surpass $75 in alterations, which means I'd have to request a free remake from Indochino and provide the photos below to show them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. evanx

evanx New Member

Hi guys, I have been a lurker in this thread but I hope to get some reviews of the suit I got.

I already found a defect in the right shoulder which I think has to be sent back for fixing. Could you guys comment on the rest? I am not experienced enough to spot more.

Front view:
    [​IMG]

Back view:
    [​IMG]

Side view 1:
    [​IMG]

Side view 2:
    [​IMG]

Across the shoulders:
    [​IMG]

More photos available on album.

12. boogienat0r

boogienat0r Member

I think the reason for the "bumps" on the shoulders is, that your shoulder measurement is too small. You will increase this bumps, when you reduce shoulder measurement again.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  13. TheKongoEmpire

TheKongoEmpire Active Member

Any thoughts on the Vincero fabrics?

14. branden

branden New Member

My first online MTM suit (Indochino) - obviously needs some work (despite having my measurements taken at the Traveling Tailor...) Since it's going back in for a remake, can you offer some suggestions? My own notes are:

[​IMG]

The suit jacket:
    • I can button the jacket comfortably, but…
    • There seems to be a bit of pulling a the buttons when buttoned.
    • There’s some other dimpling / waviness along my flanks.
    • The sleeves definitely seem too short; I like showing some cuff, not the entire cuff.
    • Although they said shorter jackets are more in style right now, the jacket does seem too short for me and my junk-filled trunk, so I’d like it a bit longer.
    • The left shoulder doesn’t match the right shoulder; the left seems to have more material bunched up in the seam, causing a noticeable ridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pants:

• The waist actually feels great. It buttons comfortably, not too tight, definitely not too loose.
    • The pants are definitely too tight in the thighs and calves.
    • The crotch needs to be lower, I think - it doesn’t feel at all ‘roomy’ in there.
    • If I bend my leg up, or try to sit down, it definitely gets too tight - almost to the point where I think I’m going to blow a seam.
    • There is some odd “twisting” in the back that causes an odd crease on my butt, while twisting the pleated line up the back of the legs.
    • Despite wearing the same shoes in these pics that I wore to the Traveling Tailor, I think they’re too long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism!
    -Branden

15. boogienat0r

boogienat0r Member

Increase jacket length, maybe 1"
    Increase sleeve length of jacket, or decrease the sleeve length of the shirt - or make both
    Increase stomach size, when you think its too tight
    You can also decrease pants length a little bit I think

16. Veridis

Veridis Well-Known Member

I've read some posts about return shipping here, and I'm wondering how do you guys get such cheap prices? I need to return 2 suits. (remade twice)

I am currently in the US and when I use the USPS calculator, the prices are in the 40-50 dollar range for the medium and large boxes.

17. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Don't put it into a box. Roll it up in a shipping bag.

18. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

19. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

Indochino shirts tend to be really thin.

20. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

IMO, they're no more thin than your typical otr or mid-level retail mtm shirts. During sales, they're a good buy.

Last edited: May 24, 2013