1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

oooo relative to jacket length, I didn't think of that. Yea, my original jacket length came in pretty much in line with the standard IC suit you see around here. I had it lengthened on this remake to shy away from the "short jacket length fad". I think I added 1-1.5" this time around.

I just feel at a lost here. I'm already on my 3rd remake and the whole process has been long and annoying (both my and IC's fault). My only adjustments would be an increase to the chest and waist, but if I keep the length I feel the button stance, lapel roll, lapel width would all still be the same :/

BTW - i noticed you updated with pics. I'm obviously no expert either...but all i can say is sleeves too short and pants too long lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. nc2cali

nc2cali Member

Honestly, I'm really in no position to give any good advice and I apologize if anything I've said has just confused or threw you off more. Anyways, I hope you figure out things and good luck in your remake if that's the route you take. Keep us posted.

As far as mine goes...the more I look at it the more unsure I am with it. I mean the obvious the sleeves are too short (and it doesn't help my shirt sleeves are slightly long too). I'm just going to take it to a tailor in town and get some feedback from him.

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Yes, overall and sleeve length needs to be longer. The sleeves might be passable by a tailor but obviously the rest of the jacket can't. The body looks pretty good. The shoulders look to be a hair wide as evidenced by the divot. Pretty good, but you'll need to send back IF you want it longer.

Probably $20-30 to alter. Post this in the tailor feedback thread to find out what can and cannot be changed.

4. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

If you don't mind me asking, is this by chance your first ever suit, or first MTM?

5. nc2cali

nc2cali Member

Thanks for the feedback! When I add to the length of the jacket, I think I'm going to request to lower the button stance by 1-1.5" as well. Cheers!

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Unfortunately, they won't take requests for adjusting the button stance or armholes by a specific number of inches. You just have to ask for a lower stance and hope for the best.

7. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

yup. They will only note your request of wanting "lower button stance", but they leave it up to their own judgement.

8. jhende7

jhende7 New Member

Please no. It's hard enough to get a PROPER fitting suit for a good price nowadays even with Indochino in the game. If Indochino were to go the way of the "classic fit" (i.e your suit looks like your wearing baggy pajamas) I will lose hope in suitmanity.

Seriously, considering this is one of the leading style sites for men, a large amount of posters favor the sloppy, baggy atrocious look of a "classic" fitting suit. Classic is just another way to describe the lazy, unfitted, off-the rack, pieces of garbage that people paraded around in in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I do wish, however, that they would give better option for lapels. The really skinny lapels they use are pretty anemic.

10. jhende7

jhende7 New Member

I don't find the lapels to be that bad. In particular the normal notch is right where I like it. The slim notch is very skinny however, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a third "wide" notch lapel for those who favour that look. All minor cosmetic customizations that don't impede the professionalism and visual appeal of the suit, but are simply preference. Totally different then baggy suit pants and a jacket that wears you!

11. nc2cali

nc2cali Member

Thanks for the info. Well I hope they actually do lower it and not just BS me.

12. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

I disagree completely. There's a solidity to that suit that gives me the idea that it's not just hanging around him. Nothing against him at all, some men are just larger than others. You'll notice that everything drapes flawlessly, that the legs are the perfect length, the shoulder fit is impeccable... now, I would have narrowed the wrists a tad (and brought the one sleeve up a bit), but it's an excellent fit, I would say. There's a range of acceptable styles between slim and classic, and his is right on the classic end of acceptable. It looks good.

Now, I'm a skinny bastard, so I wouldn't wear it, but it looks fine on him. I would, however, recommend pocket flaps, especially with the ticket pocket.

13. nc2cali

nc2cali Member

It is a little late but maybe it might help someone out...

Indochino is running a special today where if you buy any suit AND tie you can get a free pink essential wrinkle-free shirt. Code "PINKSHIRT"

cheers

14. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

wtf?...pink shirt? Where'd you read about that?

15. nc2cali

nc2cali Member

It was on their facebook page

16. BackInTheJox

Cross post from the Black Tie thread, but here's a few pics of my Indochino tuxedo/tuxedo shirt after the remake. Only thing that's missing is the pocket square. Cummerbund is RL Polo, bowtie is from The Tie Bar. Both are 100% silk.

It may not be a 100% perfect fit everywhere, but as a bodybuilder with a very unique frame, it already fits so much better than any suit I own OTR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  17. jcriswel

jcriswel Senior member

I think you should seriously reconsider the fit throughout the body. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you exactly what is wrong. I can say, this is not right. You have divots all over the front. Your shoulders look pinched compared to the waist. The lapels bow outward like the jacket is too small in the chest. The lapels do not roll properly. The back is an abomination. The sleeves do not hang properly. The shoulders look like hell. The shoulders look roped which I do not like at all. Perhaps you do. You should seek a cut with a softer shoulder. The jacket needs major surgery to clean it up.

I would jump onto the tailors thread and get their opinion. I honestly don't know whether any of these comments are correctable. Personally, I would send it back and explain the issues. Something went wrong. Perhaps the measurements you gave them were faulty.

1 person likes this.
  18. jcriswel

jcriswel Senior member

I do not like the shoulders at all. They should be much softer. There's not enough light to evaluate thoroughly. I know it's hard when your tux is black.

19. Saigonesque

Saigonesque Active Member

Seconded. Those shoulders look really strange. Also, I don't think a slim lapel works with your figure at all.

20. BackInTheJox

I don't like the shoulders either, but I have to work with what I have. The padding is still minimal, but I have huge delts. Honestly they're still much better than most OTR suits for me. Most suits aren't meant for a bodybuilder physique.

Hate IC's slim lapels as I said earlier. But again, beggars can't be choosers and this tux was super inexpensive.