• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@iwong - my humble, unprofessional opinion here...great start. You could either shorten the pants just a smidge, or just pull them up. Someone will probably nit-pick that the shoulders are maybe a half inch too wide. The waist and hips look like they form as they should. Jacket length is good.

My only problem is the sleeves in general. Looks to me like the jacket sleeves are too short AND the shirt sleeves are too long.

Oh, and don't button the bottom button.

Last edited:

filterq

Reaction score
That actually looks pretty good. Rare to see a suit on this page fit that well. Same comments as the last post. Just shorten the pants and lengthen the sleeves. Hopefully there is enough fabric on the sleeves. Of course, it's hard to tell how much you need with the sleeves on the shirt being a little long.

Last edited:

LorenzL

Reaction score

That actually looks pretty good. Rare to see a suit on this page fit that well. Same comments as the last post. Just shorten the pants and lengthen the sleeves. Hopefully there is enough fabric on the sleeves. Of course, it's hard to tell how much you need with the sleeves on the shirt being a little long.

Seems getting measured at the pop-up store yields better results than measuring at home, I guess.

iwong

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the helpful feedback. I guess I should be grateful my first suit turned out quite well! I wouldn't be surprised if the pop up store measurements turn out to be more accurate than self-taken measurements. I did, however, go home and review the measurements myself and had them double-checked with someone at home measuring me as well. I ended up changing about half a dozen of them, so I wouldn't blindly rely on the measurements provided either. There were some measurements that were off by a few inches. Anyways, glad the end product turned out well!

JG000

Reaction score

Got another suit and a blazer a few days ago - needed a remake on the jackets, the button stance was too high and waist suppression a bit too much. Now it looks just fine, hope that was it for remakes and my digital pattern is now correct.

they'll alter the button stance?

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that was just the design of the jacket, rather than a fit option.

looks excellent in the pictures btw

Last edited:

LorenzL

Reaction score

they'll alter the button stance?
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that was just the design of the jacket, rather than a fit option.
looks excellent in the pictures btw

Yeah, they do alter that. Before the remake it was almost 1.5 inches higher than normal + enormous waist suppression.
Normally, it shouldn't really change as you said - it should be a default ratio depending on the jacket length, but I guess some of their tailors do that differently.
Should hopefully be a thing of the past with their digital cutting, but I understand they are only slowly rolling this out.

Suitstyler

Reaction score
You really beed to do the pix over , outside!!

So these are the measurements the professionals did??? I heard that the girls that took the measurements actually had no experience.

tfu8

Reaction score
Hi guys! First time poster here! I ordered the Indochino suit when there was the $700 sale. Please tell me what you think about the fit. I would like your honest opinion because I need to know if I need to get some alterations done. Thanks in advance!!

LorenzL

Reaction score

One of the first things I notice is the button stance - too high in my opinion and I know that issue from my last suit (that is however a matter of preference). Trousers are quite a bit too baggy around the hip, perhaps the crotch measurement is too generous too. Shoulders on the jacket are probably 0.5" inch too big. Overall it looks a bit untidy in several places, luckily the jacket length is good. By the way, get a shorter belt! Shoes would be helpful to judge the length of pants, but seems to be alright.

Last edited:

Suitstyler

Reaction score
Your sleeves are set on the wrong angle. so they wrinkle . They should fall without wrinkles. They need to be taken off and turned or reset.

The slacks are for a full seat and you have a wide hip. This means that the rise at back is too long. The need to be recut so there are no wrinkles under the seat.

tfu8

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've opted for a remake and have submitted these adjustments:

shoulders -.5
waist -.25

pant hips -.25
crotch -.25
pants length +1 (wore with shoes and remeasured cuz pants were incredibly short)

Let me know what you think of these adjustments. I will update you guys on the remake. As well, does anyone know the remake process? I've submitted the remake application. When do I send in the 1st suit? as well, do I need to use same packaging? Thanks in advance!

Archibald Longfellow

Reaction score

Thanks guys, I've opted for a remake and have submitted these adjustments:

shoulders -.5
waist -.25

pant hips -.25
crotch -.25
pants length +1 (wore with shoes and remeasured cuz pants were incredibly short)

I'm sorry but perhaps I don't understand the Indochino system but are you saying you asked for a remake and shortened the crotch (and other measurements) by only a quarter of an inch?

Surely I'm missing something here???

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads