1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. shelbyville

shelbyville New Member

3-pc suit from Indochino. Blue shirt (last pic) also from Indochino. Open for feedback and comments. Thx.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. sullivan025

sullivan025 Senior member

Nice suit. I like that shade of grey what fabric is that?

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

To my untrained eye, the tough thing here is that the moderately roped shoulder might just not match your sloped shoulder build. Since we can't see how it moves with a static picture, any snugness or lack of is for you to decide. You appear to be a stocky guy and I suspect it will be tough to get everything exactly right in all areas without infringing on proportions somewhere. I think you have a good start and after you wear it a few times you can see if there are other tweaks to have your tailor make, then note for future orders.

Always wear shoes if you're asking about pants fit.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  4. CousinDonuts

I think this turned out well. Maybe ask your local tailor if he could help the draping in the back (profile pic), but otherwise, good stuff.

5. shelbyville

shelbyville New Member

@sullivan025: thank you. this is the essentials gray 3-pc suit

@ CousinDonuts: thanks for the feedback.

Just wanted to get some unaided feedback before i shared my thoughts.
    - i wasn't too sure if the middle of the jacket was too tight in pic 1 (top button). can't tell if it's too tight, the result of the vest underneath, or a case of being a bit chubby up there.
    - pic 3: the vest seems a bit loose by the gut
    - pic 4: blue shirt seems rather big around the arms/biceps
    - pic 4: not sure if you can tell in the photo, but when the top button is done up on the blue shirt, there's a a slight crinkled opening (hard to explain - think of a women's blouse and you can barely see her bra). not sure if that's normal or fixable
    - pic 4: the pants pockets flare out a bit. it's hard to see based on the pic, but not sure if that's also normal or the case of me having wide hips.

overall, i think i'm happy (this is my first suit purchased online) but just want to get second opinions on if this needs minor alterations or a complete remake

happy to hear your feedback on my feedback.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. CousinDonuts

Most of my flat front pants that are tighter thru the crotch have flaring pockets. I figure it has something to do with my build and gait, so I personally don't think twice about it, but if it bugs you it bugs you. If you get a complete remake you open pandora's box again. The shirt can use some work so if you send anything back send that. Take the rest to a local tailor and inquire about what tweaks could be made.

7. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

HEY COUSIN D.

If your pockets flare out then the trousers are too tight..
    or you have a belly below the belt.

8. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

I am at a bit of a loss to see so many people still using this company. From all the feedback of how inconsistent they are in getting the measurements right and the questionable quality of the materials and construction there seem to be a lot better options out there.

Yes, these prices are low but 300 odd dollars on an ill fitting suit of second rate materials is money thrown away.

Please correct me if I am way off here.

@ a tailor - your opinion would be welcome due to your profession.

And fwiw I would love to see this company succeed as it is from my hometown - but SuitSupply, Benjamin, hell even Wizard of Aaah all seem to be dramatically better options even if some are a fair bit more money they are still entry level suits after all.

9. CousinDonuts

That's not all that sticks out, and it drives the ladies wild.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

I think its that the people who bash on the quality could just be used to more expensive suits. For the price, it might not be the best quality, but I've seen much worse. I've also seen people through around the idea that they have many satisfied customers who just don't bother posting on the internet about it. Probably the biggest draw is that although many have problems, one may hope that he gets his measurements right, they can have a good source of decent fitted suits for not too much money.
    But I'm biased. I just ordered a suit today in Grand Central. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  11. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

I think its that the people who bash on the quality could just be used to more expensive suits. For the price, it might not be the best quality, but I've seen much worse. I've also seen people through around the idea that they have many satisfied customers who just bother posting on the internet about it. Probably the biggest draw is that although many have problems, one may hope that he gets his measurements right, they can have a good source of decent fitted suits for not too much money.
    But I'm biased. I just ordered a suit today in Grand Central. :rolleyes:[/quote

Fair enough, I tend to discount the comments of those who only wear Brioni when discussing affordable suits. Just like I roll my eyes when people who wear JLC and Patek, denigrating Longines etc.

My posting was based on those who do wear suits in the $500 range which is the market Indochino and others market to. I also notice better quality Indochino go for $599 or so which really makes me think safer options are out there.

Love to be proven wrong and am very open to that.

12. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

13. Tailor Dan

Tailor Dan Senior member

We don't have this company in England, unless someone knows otherwise. How big are they?

14. udt123

udt123 Member

I know their shirts are hit or miss but for me, I absolutely LOVE it. The waist is off by about 2-3 inches but other than that, the fit is perfect. For those who are afraid to try their shirts, I say give it a shot.

All the wrinkles are from me just throwing it on after it came out of the box. Once I fixed the sleeves, it was all set(except for the part where I bend my arms)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  15. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

that's very tight in the shoulders/chest
    :uhoh:

16. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I apologize for the terrible quality of this picture, but I need some quick help and all I have at my disposal at the moment is a friend's iphone pic. I was out of town for a while and my tux was delivered while I was gone . . . I have a very short time left to make changes and have them remake the jacket. The pants fit me almost perfectly.

[​IMG]

First off, I have a unique body frame . . . I'm about 5'6" or 5'7" and 175lbs, and I'm a regular bodybuilder. Very wide shoulders/chest and relatively smaller waist (~41-42" chest, 33" waist), with wide lats that cause a pretty distinct taper from my shoulders to my waist. The jacket feels like it's too short in the body (the sleeves are fine, if not maybe 0.25" too long in this pic compared to the shirt). It does feel a little tight at the buttoning point/midsection, and even the part of the jacket below the buttons (around my hips) may be slightly tight. I realize I only have this one head-on pic and no side/back pics, but if anyone could give me some overall pointers and point me in the right direction to any major/minor changes that need to be made, that'd be great.

BTW, it's a peak lapel, despite it appearing to look like a notch lapel in the lighting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  17. CousinDonuts

Looks small overall through the body. If it is tight thru the chest and waist you can figure out those tweaks based on how much extra room you want/need. I would probably add 2" to the length. You want to look like you belong at the party, not working the party.

18. thisisfun

thisisfun Active Member

Looks a little short and tight in the shoulders

If you don't mind me asking, did they give you jetted pockets on request, or have you simply tucked the flaps in? I don't remember IC offering a black two piece with jetted pockets.

19. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

It's actually a tuxedo! I selected the jetted pockets as one of the options (it's in the "additional options" or whatever tab).

I agree it's too short, and probably a bit too tight in the shoulders. I gave a measurement of 19.25" for the shoulder measurement, but as you can see they shrank that measurement for some reason.

20. Chaco tan lines

Chaco tan lines Member

Cross posting this from my thread that I crated just for visibility purposes due to time constraints:

I am looking for some constructive criticism on my first suit from Indochino, or rather, my first suit in general. I purchased this suit because my fiance liked the color/style for our wedding and it seemed rather affordable and simple to get all of my groomsmen on the same page online, versus trying to coordinate everyone going to a department or menswear store and finding the same suit in the right sizes (which in retrospect may have been the better option).

I know Indochino is hit or miss and there are plenty of bad suits for every great fitting suit that I have seen, however, I'm a "green suiter" and wear ACU's everyday so I can make the case that I don't know any better. As a junior officer, I wear my dress blues once every 3-4 months and I don't really know how a well fitting suit should fit. I trust that y'all will help me formulate my opinion before I take the suit to a reputable tailor.

So SF, does this suit fit good/bad/other, and can a tailor alter this to be good/acceptable or should I demand a remake. Wedding is in about 3.5 weeks so I need to act quickly.

I did my best to show off the suit accurately, if I need to take additional photos to give an accurate view please let me know. I can already tell these sleeves are short.

If you would, please let me know if the criticisms you have can be fixed by a tailor or need a remake. Cheers.

In b4 'do you even lift?' etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]