1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Senior member

Nice fit.

My shoulders are a tad bit too long as well as my sleeves but I'm overall pleased with how it came out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm bad at taking these self shot photos.

2. whizod

whizod Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on my first MTM suit out of the box, I'd like to get an idea of what to tell my tailor when I bring it to them for adjustments.
    Overall I feel that it fits pretty well, the left shoulder sticks out a little too much and creates and indent.

Hopefully I can get some better pictures taken later this weekend, but your advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

At quick glance, aside from the shoulder issue you mentioned, hem the pants and burn the shoes.

4. Kyle is raaddd

Kyle is raaddd Active Member

Thank you, good luck with yours!

KILL THEM WITH FIRE!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  5. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

*REPOST from Tailor's thread*

Just received Indochino suit (blue sharkskin) and shirt and would like some feedback. I went to one of their traveling tailor events and left the measurements up to them.

The Shirt:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Body fits nicely, but the shoulders seem to lack some mobility. I don't know if it's the armholes that are too high or the shoulders are too narrow, but when I move it does feel like I'm stretching the shirt a bit. Also, are the sleeves too wide? more specially around the elbow and forearm area.

The Suit: I asked for lower button stance, but it appears that request was ignored...probably not a big deal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My concerns on the suit:
    -The collar appears too high and doesn't show much shirt collar. How can this be fixed?
    -From the front, is the waist too tight? It's definitely pretty close to the body and you can see slight wrinkle at the top button
    -From the back, does the back and waist look too tight? There are slight wrinkles there.
    -Anything else?

Pants: Any comments? The pictures make it look like the pants ride up my butt, but it really didn't feel that way with them on.

I would also like to know if your observations would require a remake or a simple trip to the tailor.

Overall, this did come out better than I expected given its price point.

Thanks, SF.

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

In that pic', the suit looks pretty good. The sleeves are a little short, but the rest looks pretty solid.
    You think that your shoulders are a "tad bit" too big? Those shoulders are WAY off. I can't get past them to critique the rest of the suit. Your shoes look nice though.

7. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The shoulders are too big. The pants are too long, and they could probably stand to be slimmed a bit below the knee.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  8. kanedamike

kanedamike Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first suit from Indochino. The essential grey suit. I'm planning to send it in for a remake but would like your suggestions. I went to the SF traveling tailor pop up and they took all my measurements and this is what came out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took my suit to a tailor and he said I should return it because its a size too small. I am trying to go for the european fit though, but I dont want it to look too funny.

Here is what I might do:

Jacket Length: +.75"
    Shoulders: +?
    Chest Size: + ?
    Stomach Size: +?
    Jacket Hips: +?
    Sleeve Length: +.5"

I feel I need to increase something to get that wrinkle out when I button the top button but I dont know which one.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

9. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Possibly the best fit on this thread. Sleeve cuffs are fine if you don't mind showing half an inch.

10. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

11. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

You look like a sausage in that jacket. The waist is WAY too tight. That's why you have the X across the buttons. Your sleeves look too tight and too short. The jacket could also stand to be a bit longer. The pants are just WAAAY too long.

It definitely looks good in that picture, but it would take a few more shots and better light to really get in depth. He's definitely in a pretty good situation though.

12. kanedamike

kanedamike Member

Thanks for your input VinnyMac. Maybe the suit is so off, I should just return it. I'm not even sure what measurements to give them for adjustments.

13. CousinDonuts

Collar - check with your tailor
    I don't think it looks tight. Since you're asking, does it feel tight?
    Have you steamed it? That might solve some wrinkle problems.

Suits usually have a little room to be let out. if you're feeling stuffed in there I would check with your local tailor first. Use the $75 credit to your advantage. This is good enough that if you send it back you have to cross your fingers that nothing else is changed.

BTW, did you specify how much you wanted the stance lowered? That is a relative question. Lower for you may mean 3 inches. But 1 inch is still lower.

14. CousinDonuts

Definitely tight in the midsection. That's also calling the flap to flare out, as the back is not draping well. Did your tailor say he could let out the waist to fix it?

+1 on adding some length to the coat, maybe an inch. I would say the pants are just too long, not "waaay".:)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. Tailor Dan

Tailor Dan Senior member

Vry, very agree with the shoe purification call. Get some real nice, calf leather (or if can afford, cordovan) toe caps. Great fit though.

http://gentlemansgent.blogspot.co.uk/

16. kanedamike

kanedamike Member

- cousin doughnuts

Thanks for your input. My tailor could not let out the waist. He basically told me to return it and get a bigger suit. Then he can work with it. I had some advice to add +4" to the hips and +4" to the waist and also +0.25" to each shoulder. I might add +1.25" to the length of the jacket and +0.5" to the sleeves. I might go with that and see what happens.

17. Kyle is raaddd

Kyle is raaddd Active Member

Will do, once I get around to slimming the pants a tad, I'll take some HQ photos from different angles.
    Thank you, also :)

18. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Please do.

Hopefully I can use it as a realistic template ;).

19. jexbrah

jexbrah Active Member

Just got my suit remade (first suit on page 173, post 2590). What do you guys think? Do I still need any changes? It seems like the shoulder pads are a bit thicker after the remake even though I requested natural shoulders.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  20. Tailor Dan

Tailor Dan Senior member

First of all looks pretty good. If I was picky, then;
    1. Less shoulder pad and more point to point
    2. Less chest. At least an inch less.
    3. Lengthen jacket at least 1/2" (this is for future jacket lengths by the way as you have no option now to lengthen). Sorry to those that will scream at me for suggesting longer but it should be!

Put that in place for next and will look better..