• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Boswell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
They seem to be competing for the title of wimpiest lapel size.
I'll be requesting wider lapels and a longer jacket length than the house cut.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boswell
I'll be requesting wider lapels and a longer jacket length than the house cut.

Good luck. According to the TaT FAQ, "We will not make lapels wider than 3".".

I asked the same question of Indochino and was told that the three lapel options shown on the site - regular, skinny or peak - were it.

ZenStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber
I've got one of the old $150 dollar value groupons that I might sell. Its good till August 18th and I keep waiting to see something I like and an improvement in quality control but I'm not sure thats going to happen. If someone wanted it for $75 that would make up my mind for me pretty easily.

The Groupon only cost you $50. Lame to try to make a profit off of fellow forum members. Either use the Groupon or of you simply don't want it, as seems to be the case, then offer if for the $50 that you paid and be done with it.

bullseye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber
I've got one of the old $150 dollar value groupons that I might sell. Its good till August 18th and I keep waiting to see something I like and an improvement in quality control but I'm not sure thats going to happen. If someone wanted it for $75 that would make up my mind for me pretty easily.
I'll give you $60 for it.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
Good luck. According to the TaT FAQ, "We will not make lapels wider than 3".".

The 'house cut' only has 2" lapels, so they will do them wider than the house cut, just only up to 3". I believe I have 2.75" lapels on my TaT suit.

OnlytheBrave

Reaction score
I'm kind of worried about buying one from Indochino with some of the stuff people are talking about, there is a ton of info I need to know apparently, especially for someone my size (5'8" 185lbs). I like the "black day at the office" suit and I am planning on getting that for the moment.

I have gathered that I need to measure myself and get a tailor to measure me and for good measure, get someone to measure me (like my brother or someone) just for accuracy so I know I have done my due diligence.

My whole problem is...is it worth it to get it from these folks?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm kind of worried about buying one from Indochino with some of the stuff people are talking about, there is a ton of info I need to know apparently, especially for someone my size (5'8" 185lbs). I like the "black day at the office" suit and I am planning on getting that for the moment.

I have gathered that I need to measure myself and get a tailor to measure me and for good measure, get someone to measure me (like my brother or someone) just for accuracy so I know I have done my due diligence.

My whole problem is...is it worth it to get it from these folks?

You obviously have not looked through the 130 pages of this thread. I don't mean to be a d$ck but you have raised the same concerns as many word for word.

You will get very little support from anyone on SF for a black suit, unless you are a pallbearer.

OnlytheBrave

Reaction score

You obviously have not looked through the 130 pages of this thread. I don't mean to be a d$ck but you have raised the same concerns as many word for word.

You will get very little support from anyone on SF for a black suit, unless you are a pallbearer.

I have read through it, it seems like people are just talking about what needs to be fixed more than anything in the last few pages. I have seen the progression from how bad Indochino was, to how many improvements they have made from Page one to now. It spans back a bit so don't be a dick to me because you feel like you need to reach a dick quota for the day.

As for the style of the suit, it depends on how you look, most black suits are worn at receptions and various types of events and unfortunately, also at funerals, big deal. All I wanted to know was that people that bought that SPECIFIC suit, how they felt about the material, how it would do for longevity and what not.

That was all there was to it.

promark809

Reaction score

I have read through it, it seems like people are just talking about what needs to be fixed more than anything in the last few pages. I have seen the progression from how bad Indochino was, to how many improvements they have made from Page one to now. It spans back a bit so don't be a dick to me because you feel like you need to reach a dick quota for the day.

As for the style of the suit, it depends on how you look, most black suits are worn at receptions and various types of events and unfortunately, also at funerals, big deal. All I wanted to know was that people that bought that SPECIFIC suit, how they felt about the material, how it would do for longevity and what not.

That was all there was to it.

Hey,

I'm 5' 9" and 180lbs., and I've purchased two suits from Indochino. I got their Charcoal Suit and their Ultimate Gray Suit. I was really satisfied with my Charcoal Suit (I only had to alter the stomach by tucking it in 1 inch). My Ultimate Gray came out a little off because they have so many different suppliers that your suits won't always come in exactly the same. Overall, though, they both look good and make me look sharp. I recently went to Italy for a 9 -day trip with the business school, and I looked the sharpest out of all my classmates (note, I didn't compare myself to the Italians. haha. All the young businessmen there look really good with their suits). My brother got their Basic Black Suit, which doesn't come with the vest. He's 5' 11" 180lbs and he was definitely the best dressed groomsman for the wedding he was a part of. I'd say the material is good enough for the price, and if you're a student like he is, then since you probably don't have too many occasions for suits, IC suits will last a while.

To be honest, after struggling for a while to find a properly fitting suit for my athletic frame, IC was a God-send for fit and price. If you happen to be an athletically built guy, IC will certainly help you with a good fitting suit. ESPECIALLY WITH THE PANTS. haha. It's nice being able to wear pants that aren't ridiculously tight around my thighs and crotch (I played soccer in high school and lift, so I have larger thighs than the average person).

Hope that helps somewhat!

SBPeakLapel

Reaction score
I've purchased two suits(Midnight Blue Tuxedo and a Cosmic Crimson
Pinstripe Suit) from Indochino and they fit fine. I've read about
some people having problems with their suits. It could be quality
control issues or merely inaccurate measurements. You
have to be willing to take a chance to find out for yourself.

They do offer the opportunity for a remake, alteration credits or the
option for a refund so there is little risk involved, other than the
cost to return the suit.

My only frustration with them is that they don't restock many of their
suits (outside of their permanent collection) once they run out of
that particular fabric.

I'd love for them to bring back the Solar Flair Suit and the Solar
Debris suit because I'd like to get them. :)

OnlytheBrave

Reaction score

Hey,

I'm 5' 9" and 180lbs., and I've purchased two suits from Indochino. I got their Charcoal Suit and their Ultimate Gray Suit. I was really satisfied with my Charcoal Suit (I only had to alter the stomach by tucking it in 1 inch). My Ultimate Gray came out a little off because they have so many different suppliers that your suits won't always come in exactly the same. Overall, though, they both look good and make me look sharp. I recently went to Italy for a 9 -day trip with the business school, and I looked the sharpest out of all my classmates (note, I didn't compare myself to the Italians. haha. All the young businessmen there look really good with their suits). My brother got their Basic Black Suit, which doesn't come with the vest. He's 5' 11" 180lbs and he was definitely the best dressed groomsman for the wedding he was a part of. I'd say the material is good enough for the price, and if you're a student like he is, then since you probably don't have too many occasions for suits, IC suits will last a while.

To be honest, after struggling for a while to find a properly fitting suit for my athletic frame, IC was a God-send for fit and price. If you happen to be an athletically built guy, IC will certainly help you with a good fitting suit. ESPECIALLY WITH THE PANTS. haha. It's nice being able to wear pants that aren't ridiculously tight around my thighs and crotch (I played soccer in high school and lift, so I have larger thighs than the average person).

Hope that helps somewhat!

Thanks for responding. Yeah my legs are on the muscular side because I grew up playing ice hockey and swimming so it's a little tougher to find a proper fit pant unless I get it made. I think I am going to go ahead and give them a shot. Thanks again.

aerohydro

Reaction score
I ordered the tailor's kit from indochino and just got this email:

I am very sorry, however, your order has been listed in our security check process and for your protection, I need you to answer a few questions and verify some documents in order to process your order.

Can you please email me a scanned copy of your Photo ID, as well as a scanned copy of your credit card within 72 hours.
You can black out the middle 8 numbers using tape to protect your card.

I am very sorry for this security check and hope to process your order immediately.
Once you have provided me with this information, I can update your order to express shipping with no charge to you and you will hear from us soon on delivery.

Thanks,

--
Angie
Customer Concierge
Indochino.com
Free Shipping & Perfect Fit Guarantee

Has anyone else experienced this? Seems like an attempt to harvest personal information to me. A pity, since I was pretty keen to order a suit from them.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's very sketchy. What reason can you think of for them to send you an e-mail like that?

Boswell

Reaction score

I ordered the tailor's kit from indochino and just got this email:

I am very sorry, however, your order has been listed in our security check process and for your protection, I need you to answer a few questions and verify some documents in order to process your order.

Can you please email me a scanned copy of your Photo ID, as well as a scanned copy of your credit card within 72 hours.
You can black out the middle 8 numbers using tape to protect your card.

I am very sorry for this security check and hope to process your order immediately.
Once you have provided me with this information, I can update your order to express shipping with no charge to you and you will hear from us soon on delivery.

Thanks,

--
Angie
Customer Concierge
Indochino.com
Free Shipping & Perfect Fit Guarantee

Has anyone else experienced this? Seems like an attempt to harvest personal information to me. A pity, since I was pretty keen to order a suit from them.
Very strange. I guess I won't do business with them, unless there is a good explanation for this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads