• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit critique? Things I think need fixed: - Sleeve lenghth shortened about half an inch - Thigh's and leg opening taken in a tad - Jacket hips narrowed - Biceps taken in half an inch Quality is ok, fabric wasn't great but overall the fit was pretty good. Classic navy (click for full image)

NotchLapel

Reaction score
I don't understand why you guys use another site to plug in your measurements? I used Indochino's tutorial and my suit came out great. I'll send you guys pics once it comes back from the tailor.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Fit critique?

Things I think need fixed:
- Sleeve lenghth shortened about half an inch
- Thigh's and leg opening taken in a tad
- Jacket hips narrowed
- Biceps taken in half an inch

Jacket looks too short to me by at least 1-2 inches. Other than that and the sleeves being shortened that you already mentioned, not too bad.

GloStiX

Reaction score
OK so I got a 2nd re-make from Indochino a while back, and it came totally unwearable.

The hips/thigh were so tight you could see my privates... The measurements were inexplicably changed after I confirmed them via e-mail to Angie, and some measurements which were inexplicably changed to a larger spec arrived SMALLER than the previous garment with smaller spec.

Today I decided to measure the sleeve just for kicks because I was wondering why it seemed so long. Turns out Indochino made it a full inch longer than specified. This is their 3rd try at it! I really have no clue what happened here.

I'm kind of just venting, and I contacted Angie, but I don't know what to do here. I can't wear it, I paid for it, I don't even want more suits from them because I don't even know if they'll make them correctly.

Octoberfile

Reaction score
Glo, will they give you a refund?

Sonick, overall, the suit doesn't fit half bad for Indochino....with one exception....why the hell did they create such a wide skirt flare below the waist line of your jacket and combine it with wide hips on the top of your pants?..... ....that bubble effect around your hips caused by the puffy pants is magnified by the slim waist and narrow pant legs. Combined with the too wide skirt flare on the jacket, the suit seems to give you a strange hour glass shape. Hopefully, your tailor can correct the thigh portion of your pants, in addition to the jacket. Maybe your tailor won't have to let out the jacket/reduce the waist suppression in order to eliminate the exagerated skirt flare, since your jacket waist suppression looks dead on...I see no sinching at all along the waist.

Btw, if you check back on older posts, there's a few other Indochino customers that complained about the extra puff around the thigh area of the pants they had ordered, so the problem seems to be consistent with the way Indochino manufatures its suits.

good luck.

yeeth

Reaction score
sonick, that actually looks pretty ok to me if not for the skirt flare. not sure if that can be fixed, try asking your tailor? perhaps taking in the bottom part of the side seams should do it.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Fit critique?

Things I think need fixed:
- Sleeve lenghth shortened about half an inch
- Thigh's and leg opening taken in a tad
- Jacket hips narrowed
- Biceps taken in half an inch

Quality is ok, fabric wasn't great but overall the fit was pretty good.

Classic navy (click for full image)

Narrowing the jacket hips will not fix the flare out if that is what you are trying to do. I too have had this problem and all you get is, well, less material to cover your rumpus and the same flare. You'll also notice that the pockets are bulgy. Not sure why/how they do this but my blue suit looks almost identical. I think it has to do with their house cut and seems pretty difficult to correct.

Try lengthening the coat (it looks a bit short as-is) which will help a bit with the balance.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incompetence - demand a refund and forget them

Originally Posted by GloStiX
OK so I got a 2nd re-make from Indochino a while back, and it came totally unwearable.

The hips/thigh were so tight you could see my privates... The measurements were inexplicably changed after I confirmed them via e-mail to Angie, and some measurements which were inexplicably changed to a larger spec arrived SMALLER than the previous garment with smaller spec.

Today I decided to measure the sleeve just for kicks because I was wondering why it seemed so long. Turns out Indochino made it a full inch longer than specified. This is their 3rd try at it! I really have no clue what happened here.

I'm kind of just venting, and I contacted Angie, but I don't know what to do here. I can't wear it, I paid for it, I don't even want more suits from them because I don't even know if they'll make them correctly.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloStiX
The measurements were inexplicably changed after I confirmed them via e-mail to Angie, and some measurements which were inexplicably changed to a larger spec arrived SMALLER than the previous garment with smaller spec.

THIS! This is what I mean when I complain all across the internet. **** pisses me off that you have to deal with this every time you purchase.

I just don't understand why they can't get a real QC system laid out. If each "tailor" is going to do their own thing based on the measurements submitted, why can't they - at a MINIMUM - send your remake specs to the same person?!?

1" should equal 1". Not 2" yesterday and 1.5" tomorrow!!!

Scalawag

Reaction score
I applied for a remake a week or two ago, and it shipped today. Look forward to weighing in here. I had very minor changes done, but obviously that has little meaning here.
tongue.gif
I hope I don't run into a nightmare scenario. As you said... why use exact measurements if they're going to vary from tailor to tailor? They'd be better off with normal sizing at this point. "34S, 34R, 34L, sleeves unhemmed" etc.

GloStiX

Reaction score
Angie contacted me back and assured me they are dedicated to helping customers achieve the perfect fit, so they will give it another go with their "master tailor" personally looking at my comments and an Excel spreadsheet I made with all my measurements on previous orders and how they fit, specific quality issues I had, etc.

Someone posted that they got a $4M investment infusion and this may help with quality--I hope this is true.
smile.gif

LorenzL

Reaction score
I got my Associate 3-piece suit already a while back and didn't get the time to post a review till now - it will be up on my blog later today if you are interested. Thought I'd post a picture of my suit here, I'm happy with the fit!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
I got my Associate 3-piece suit already a while back and didn't get the time to post a review till now - it will be up on my blog later today if you are interested. Thought I'd post a picture of my suit here, I'm happy with the fit!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The review in your sig is quite good. I have to say, I'm quite impressed at the price-point. I guess the trouble with indochino is you reeeeally need to know what to ask for, as it seems their "default" is rather short in the jacket and quite suppressed in the midsection. If you know what you're doing though, it seems like a great way to get a custom suit at a fair price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads