Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Has anyone tried out any of Indochino's new fabrics yet? I recently sent in an order for their grey 3-piece tweed suit. It's my first order with them....I copied the measurements exactly from my best-fitting suit, so as long as they follow those there shouldn't be any problems. Hoping for the best!

2. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

Has anyone tried out any of Indochino's new fabrics yet? I recently sent in an order for their grey 3-piece tweed suit. It's my first order with them....I copied the measurements exactly from my best-fitting suit, so as long as they follow those there shouldn't be any problems. Hoping for the best!

I ordered that suit, but it takes a while to arrive [​IMG]
    They won't follow the measurements you took of your suit, you should measure according to the videos to get the best results! I'd be very careful with this as they interpret and adapt measuremetns according to your height, weight and their database values...

3. Beatlegeuse

I ordered that suit, but it takes a while to arrive [​IMG]
    They won't follow the measurements you took of your suit, you should measure according to the videos to get the best results! I'd be very careful with this as they interpret and adapt measuremetns according to your height, weight and their database values...

Really? That completely defeats the purpose of an MTM suit in my eyes. Why would I want them "interpreting" my measurements when I can just give them the exact specifications that I want? Looks like I'll be needing at least one remake with this one. [​IMG]

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Okay, I simply do not have the time to look at all of these reviews...

Is this a worthwhile purchase? How do their suits compare to a Hugo Boss or Zegna?

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I own a tux and a basic pinstripe, standard wool, not any of these newer tweeds or wool-cashmere blends. I'd say it is like Brooks Brothers, but you can make it fit you.

(What is interesting about your question is that there is good Boss and bad Boss, good Zegna and bad Zegna, depending on where it is made, which line, etc. Plenty of opinions on this forum about both!)

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Really? That completely defeats the purpose of an MTM suit in my eyes. Why would I want them "interpreting" my measurements when I can just give them the exact specifications that I want? Looks like I'll be needing at least one remake with this one. [​IMG]

You've hit the nail on the head, and one of the more expansive debate topics on this particular forum. IC can be hit-or-miss, but at least the remake option is available. Good luck.

7. Beatlegeuse

You've hit the nail on the head, and one of the more expansive debate topics on this particular forum. IC can be hit-or-miss, but at least the remake option is available. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm wishing I would have done a little more research and read up on their process more before I ordered. I feel like by just giving body measurements and saying you want something "slim fit", there's so much that can be misinterpreted and go wrong.

I also ordered an MTM odd jacket from mysuitforless.com, and I really like their hands-on customer service process much better so far. So if all goes well with that jacket, I may end up just returning the Indochino and go with them for suits instead. But, I will try to hold my critiques until I actually get my suit from Indochino...maybe I'll get lucky!

8. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

Yeah, I'm wishing I would have done a little more research and read up on their process more before I ordered. I feel like by just giving body measurements and saying you want something "slim fit", there's so much that can be misinterpreted and go wrong.

I also ordered an MTM odd jacket from mysuitforless.com, and I really like their hands-on customer service process much better so far. So if all goes well with that jacket, I may end up just returning the Indochino and go with them for suits instead. But, I will try to hold my critiques until I actually get my suit from Indochino...maybe I'll get lucky!

You can still send it back for a full refund. Btw, how did you come across that website you mentioned above? I don't mean to criticize it too much without ever having tried it, but it doesn't really look that professional (photos, website design, gmail address as contact, etc). Will be interesting how that jacket will turn out - same for the Indochino suit [​IMG]

9. Yika

Yika Senior member

You can still send it back for a full refund. Btw, how did you come across that website you mentioned above? I don't mean to criticize it too much without ever having tried it, but it doesn't really look that professional (photos, website design, gmail address as contact, etc). Will be interesting how that jacket will turn out - same for the Indochino suit [​IMG]

They were SF affiliates for awhile back. One member had some stuff made out and came out reasonably well considering the price.

10. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

They were SF affiliates for awhile back. One member had some stuff made out and came out reasonably well considering the price.

That explains [​IMG] gotta see if I can dig up that thread. There are so many MTM makers out there, it's truly amazing - and while most of them are minor, local players I'm sure that there will be some more big players coming soon...

11. Beatlegeuse

That explains [​IMG] gotta see if I can dig up that thread. There are so many MTM makers out there, it's truly amazing - and while most of them are minor, local players I'm sure that there will be some more big players coming soon...

I couldn't find the old thread anymore...I think because they are no longer an official SF affiliate. But there were a few people that had some really positive experiences, so I decided to try them based on those reviews. I've had some really good communication with them so far, and my jacket is currently being made...I should have it in about 2 weeks.

12. GloStiX

GloStiX Senior member

Let us know how that MySuit4Less thing goes... I had an Asian tailor make me a suit via eBay for ~$100, it fit great but the quality just isn't there. Zero chest padding, cardboard "basting" (?) in the pants waist instead of a waistband, etc.

I'm currently awaiting an Indochino re-make, I will post pics when it arrives and compare to my first suit from them..

13. JKMWCL

JKMWCL Senior member

Ok - just received my first Indochino suit and I have to say, I'm impressed. The fit is great and the only alteration I need to have done is to take the chest in a little. That, alas, is my fault as I clicked the wrong box and didn't realize it unti lit was already being made...no biggie though, that's an easy fix.

In full disclosure, I'm not a complete suit snob and my expectations were in line with the price point but I am VERY impressed and will order from Indochino again. Don't expect a Saville Row bespoke suit when ordering but at this price, you'll get more for your money than any OTR suit out there.

14. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

Ok - just received my first Indochino suit and I have to say, I'm impressed. The fit is great and the only alteration I need to have done is to take the chest in a little. That, alas, is my fault as I clicked the wrong box and didn't realize it unti lit was already being made...no biggie though, that's an easy fix.

In full disclosure, I'm not a complete suit snob and my expectations were in line with the price point but I am VERY impressed and will order from Indochino again. Don't expect a Saville Row bespoke suit when ordering but at this price, you'll get more for your money than any OTR suit out there.

Cool it worked out so well! Which suit did you get? Would love to see some photos!

15. intent

intent Senior member

Okay, I simply do not have the time to look at all of these reviews...

Is this a worthwhile purchase? How do their suits compare to a Hugo Boss or Zegna?

Oh, in that case let me save you your precious time and effort, sir. Buy and buy lots of Indochino. They are much better than Hugo Boss and Zegna at a cheaper price. Women will flock to you, but I'm sure that's not a new thing for you.