Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Indochino - Stay Away!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by llcooljayce, Mar 7, 2012.

1. llcooljayce

llcooljayce Well-Known Member

Already have. It's just ludicrous that it has to come to that.

2. llcooljayce

I have. It's just ludicrous that it has to get to that.

3. ImaculateArt

ImaculateArt Member

Wait... so you came on here to rip on Indochino before you even received their product?

[​IMG] That's, by definition, is exactly what a troll is.

4. llcooljayce

I knew someone from Indochino would respond eventually.

Read my post. I in no way rip their product ... the other threads do plenty of that. Why would I trust a company to make me a suit if they can't even transcribe my measurements?

5. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

6. ImaculateArt

ImaculateArt Member

~shrug... I didn't begin my post with "I realize that this is my first post but I can assure you, I am no troll."

I'm just not a fan of hypocrisy and haters. I also think op is a load of bs.

7. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

Are you on Facebook or Twitter? Send them a message to their wall or a tweet, they are quick to reply usually, but I heard they are struggling a bit with the amount of emails they receive at the moment. You might have problems with your suit, fair enough, but in my experience they will definitely not try to cheat you in any way.

8. unjung

unjung Senior member

llcooljayce, I have been through what you've been through with other MTM outfits. I've been fitted for suits in China in person and had them come back wrong. I've had stuff done locally and had it be wrong.

I am also in Calgary. Go to O'Connors and see if the Coppley MTM event is still going on. Prices start at around $750 I think, and they know what they're doing. Or just do what I do now and buy Samuelsohn OTR, since they fit me just fine. I've been through enough BS and I'm happy just to pay a reasonable price to get a well-fitting suit, at this point.

9. ImaculateArt

ImaculateArt Member

Everyone has talked to Op about how the stuff won't fit and all that jazz but this guy didn't even receive anything. He just spazzed over his FB comments being deleted right?

- had a question about his measurements, before waiting for a reply from their customer service he went to their facebook.
    - on facebook, he got an answer but he disagreed with it. I mean, he shows the conversation and just ignored what the gent said.
    - next move for him, cry on SF?

The thing I can't understand is that indochino doesn't seem to censor their Facebook at all? I see all sorts of different stuff on there; not all positive either. Why'd they delete this seemingly innocent post? That's why I think he's a load of shit btw

10. scongly

scongly Member

I think the Coppley MTM sale is over now...but I'm +++ happy with the suits I picked up during the sale (as I work to build my wardrobe up). Excellent service at O'Connors :)

11. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

I've never had an issue with fit from Indochino -- but always with the shitty quality of it.

Of the three suits I have from them, only one is still functional.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

12. N3RVE

N3RVE New Member

Sorry for reviving such an old topic.

In light of these experiences, and as a potential customer of Indochino, I'm in two minds.
    Has anyone concluded recent business with them? Is the general opinion still to avoid them? I am a very tall, slim man and I want something to fit perfectly.
    I'd be awfully disappointed if the results don't match. Please advice.

13. jmza2

jmza2 Member

I have purchased two of their "premium" suits over the past few months of months and after only after wearing them a couple of times there is a tremendous amount of piling in the crotch area. With that being said I also have larger thighs from weight training but given the MTM process I would not order from Indochino again as I cannot request additional fabric to protect that area.

my 2-cents...

14. jimney

jimney Senior member

Seems the consensus is to go local, and you get what you pay for. You should just go to a local tailor and work with them. I did a couple online MTM shirts before going to a tailor in my city, and the difference is amazing.

Otherwise, maybe try an off-the-rack suit and just get it tailored.

15. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

You're not going to get a suit that "fits perfectly" by buying online made-to-measure. If you want it to fit perfectly, then stop cheaping out and spend money to have a suit made for you with fittings.