• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Indochino DB Suit Fit Check

mldsmith

Reaction score
I recently received my Indochino MTM suit, and would love some feedback on what adjustments you call think could improve the fit.

Note, this suit will not be worn regularly (I don't wear a suit daily for work) and will likely see service mostly for evening events, weddings, and other occasions monthly. I say this because I'm willing to sacrifice some slight comfort in order to appear better in photos, if that makes any sense. Apologies, I did not steam the suit thoroughly after taking it out of the box, and the only way to take decent photos in good lighting resulted in a perspective roughly from belt height, which is not ideal.

I think I like the following aspects of the fit:

Trousers
Rise
- could be higher, but this is pretty good, given the maker's aesthetic.
Thighs - fit is much better than most OTR trousers, for me
Seat - fit is very comfortable, I hope the wrinkling in teethe upper thighs is mostly due to needing a good steam/press

Jacket
Button Stance
- this looks right to me
Length - Also feel proportional and balanced
Arms - These feel like the right length

I think I dislike the following aspects of the fit:

Trousers
Length
- I asked for no break, but these seem at least a 1/2 inch short.
Pocket Flair - The hips of the pants seem to flair our quite dramatically at the pockets
Lower Leg - These almost appear to flair out, especially head-on, at the leg opening - should they be further tapered?
Crease - The crease seems to drift to the outside toward the bottom

Jacket
Arms - There appears to have some pulling/twisting through the upper arm
Back - There's a lot of bunching at the waist - just need a good steam/press?
Neck - There is some slight wrinkling below the collar

What should I be asking for when I go back to Indochino for alterations, and what have I missed in my assessment?

Be brutal, I have no ego or understanding of tailored clothing.

fullsizeoutput_434e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_433f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4342.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4344.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4346.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4348.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_434a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_434c.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%