Indirect racial slurs in another language...ever happen to you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Coho, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Coho

Coho Senior member

I'm curious how many times you receive indirect racial slurs that you actually understand from service people (Mexicans at Subway or Arby's, Asians at the Post Office, Indians at watch repair centers, Ukrainians at Cigar shops, etc.) and completely go ballistic as a result? Today, I walked in the local Subway with my friend who is Cuban (but he looks Scandinavian white, blue eyes, fair skin, etc....) and he was having a hard time deciding whether to get a half footer or a full footer. He didn't really do anything that should upset the two Mexican guys that were serving us. Then all of sudden, one dude started talking in Spanish to another guy and both started laughing out loud. At this very moment, my friend started yelling back in Spanish at the Mexican guys and wanted to go behind the counter and kick their ass. I would have helped but I was wearing my favorite shirt and I didn't want blood stain on it. One Mexican guy was a fucking midget so I can easily take out that mofo. [​IMG] The manager (Chinese guy) was in the back and ran out front to stop my buddy. My friend told him what had happened and he apologized profusely. All the customers in line were fascinated and started asking the manager what had happened. Funniest stuff I've seen in a while.

2. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

asians at the post office? really?

3. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

You should have taken off your shirt and beat the piss out of that midget! You might still consider writing a thoughtful yet stern email to Jared.

4. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

asians at the post office? really?

My local post offices are about 30% asian. Mostly chinese and korean.

5. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

I am a Norwegian/German/English mutt that was born in San Francisco and raised all over the country. I have travelled a lot in Asia/Europe/North, South and Central America. The worst racism I have ever experienced was when I lived in a town named SunCheon on the southwest Korean coast. I speak Hanguel at a passing level and I could not believe the things they would say about me. That said, I love that town and I get along really well with 96% of the Koreans I have met. There are assholes all over the world and they can immigrate...shocker!

6. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

fist of all, many mexicans are white. second, in spanish, there are no racial slurs for white people. third, you don't even tell us what the mexicans supposedly said to your friend (i imagine your friend would have told you what they said.)

someone ban this guy.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Where is Eason when we need him?

8. Coho

Coho Senior member

Where the hell do you live? If your name references the movie then maybe you should do the same and join the main character.
    many mexicans are white.

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I'd gladly get blood stains on my favorite shirt for a friend, and my good friends would gladly do the same for me. Your Cuban friend needs new friends.

10. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Where the hell do you live? .

Actually, he is correct. Only a few hold passports, though. The rest are illegals from Minnesota that sneak down to cut lawns and build houses.

11. matadorpoeta

Where the hell do you live? If your name references the movie then maybe you should do the same and join the main character.

i don't know what movie you're talking about, my location is underneath my avatar, and your sidestepping my comments is duly noted.

12. Coho

Coho Senior member

Is L.A. too hard to spell? It's part of USA now so you should call it by its American name. The movie I reference....oh never mind. You wouldn't understand.
    i don't know what movie you're talking about, my location is underneath my avatar, and your sidestepping my comments is duly noted.

13. matadorpoeta

Is L.A. too hard to spell?

i prefer to spell things out. why don't you tell us what the mexicans supposedly called your friend?

14. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I've heard gringo, blanquito, cracker, and whiteboy.

15. Coho

Coho Senior member

It would be inappropriate in its English translation and I don't want to incite racial riot on this forum.

i prefer to spell things out. why don't you tell us what the mexicans supposedly called your friend?