• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indie clothing London style

Micks

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum!

I was for some reason (god knows why?) looking at pictures of Amy Winehouse. And I saw some picture of her with her now ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil and I rather like his style. I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer for me!

What is the brand of his white polo in this picture? It seems like a little bunny, but I don't think it has anything to do with Playboy?
blake-fielder-civil-and-amy-winehouse_450x350.0.0.0x0.450x350.jpeg

Probably a stupid question but English isn't my first language, what do you call these types of jackets?
blake_fielder_civil_3_wenn1590766.jpg

I think that's about it! Hope anyone can help me!
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Micks
What is the brand of his white polo in this picture? It seems like a little bunny, but I don't think it has anything to do with Playboy?
that polo could be the brand Psycho Bunny, they use a bunny head for their logo. Have seen Psycho Bunny at Barneys NY as for the coat...just looks like a regular overcoat (crombie, chesterfield, covert etc....a 3/4 length wool coat) of some sort but looks designer-y since the sleeves appear quite slim for that kind of coat, and given who's wearing it

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt is all saints.

JaPo

Reaction score
blake_fielder_civil_3_wenn1590766.jpg

I think that's about it! Hope anyone can help me!
smile.gif

The polo is indeed Allsaints.

Blake Fielder-Civil dresses, appropriately, like a massive ****.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo

There's an All Saints opening in LA, their jeans are **** but some of their jackets and shirts are pretty nice. The LA douche bag contingent will kill the brand in less than 6 months because they opened the store in Douche Bag central Robertson Blvd.

I agree that the addition of a hat and tie does take many a look into "****" territory the remainder of the outfit (skinny jean, sleak shoe, overcoat) I don't mind.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
God I miss rye's posts.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noooo, dont let them douche up All Saints!!!

Not everything looks good on me, but I really like the look.

K

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Noooo, dont let them douche up All Saints!!!

Not everything looks good on me, but I really like the look.

K

In the UK, Allsaints is serious douchebag fodder. The room temperature IQ crowd of the city's biggest night club all wear the sheer v-necks with no shirt underneath, pre-distressed bootcut jeans, and extremely pointy shoes.

Most of the time it's horrendously overpriced polos and v-neck sweatshirts, but I agree some of the jackets are nice and the mannequins in the shop are all decked out well in W+H-esque service boots. They use deep, earthy colours on their outerwear which I like.

EDIT: Wow Doherty looks terrible in the first picture.

+@Rye: The sunglasses and wash of the jeans are both pretty
eh.gif
. I like his hats, though.

oneblood

Reaction score
Pete Doherty needs to start smoking crack again.

Micks

Reaction score

I think it looks kinda cool. Can you tell me about some people who have similar taste but less ****-ish?

Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Blake Fielder-Civil = Pete Doherty rip-off

Basically, you want Dior Homme circa 2002-2006ish

pete_doherty_100907-thumb.jpg

Yeah but I somewhat doubt Pete Doherty started all that? That said I'm a big fan of The Libertines and Babyshambles and his solo stuff ain't that bad either..

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Blake Fielder-Civil = Pete Doherty rip-off Basically, you want Dior Homme circa 2002-2006ish
pete_doherty_100907-thumb.jpg

Suit on the right is fantastic, If I ever find a suit that fits like that my life will be complete. It also helps that Pete Doherty is probably the most appropriate person to be wearing a suit casually.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks kinda cool. Can you tell me about some people who have similar taste but less ****-ish?

Oh, you do ask the hard questions...

Wel, I suppose that by virtue of having never been scag addicts or jailbirds, the Kaiser Chiefs may fit your bill

Don't The Klaxons dress somewhat like this? They have a more day glo take on this style, but I like their output, so I'll endorse them if they fit

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the UK, Allsaints is serious douchebag fodder. The room temperature IQ crowd of the city's biggest night club all wear the sheer v-necks with no shirt underneath, pre-distressed bootcut jeans, and extremely pointy shoes.

Most of the time it's horrendously overpriced polos and v-neck sweatshirts, but I agree some of the jackets are nice and the mannequins in the shop are all decked out well in W+H-esque service boots. They use deep, earthy colours on their outerwear which I like.

EDIT: Wow Doherty looks terrible in the first picture.

+@Rye: The sunglasses and wash of the jeans are both pretty
eh.gif
. I like his hats, though.

I'm not a fan of their printed t-shirts and such, but I quite like a lot of the button up shirts / outerwear / accessories. They do a lot of deep drapey V-necks, but I dont really see bootcut denim or really pointy shoes as part of their aesthetic.

And I far prefer it to the Ed hardy / TR douche uniform in the US (and showing up here).

Any examples of the douchiness?

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads