• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

India's biggest luxury mall finally functional (pics inside)

Thomas0302

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone would want to drive a Lamborghini or Bentley on India's nightmare traffic and roads..

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Yet another reason to avoid India - as if I needed another one
That really makes no sense, you are going to avoid India because of a mall ? Very odd. I don't particularly like Harrod's but I wouldn't stop going to England.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas0302
I'm not sure why anyone would want to drive a Lamborghini or Bentley on India's nightmare traffic and roads..

Delhi's freeway is actually quite a nice road, but 99% of the roads are shite, not to mention the drivers have no civic sense.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
India is great. Why would you avoid it? One doesn't really travel there for luxury brand shopping.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
India is great. Why would you avoid it? One doesn't really travel there for luxury brand shopping.

The Japanese tourists wouldn't mind. They'll shop anywhere, even if you can find the stuff back at home.

Thomas0302

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
Delhi's freeway is actually quite a nice road, but 99% of the roads are shite, not to mention the drivers have no civic sense.

About the horrible driving, here's a photo I took right outside of Gurgaon (pretty much part of New Delhi).

dbtjis.jpg

I would be scared out of my mind driving a lambo in that (not that I could ever afford one)

As AlanC said, India is one of my favorite countries but luxury shopping is something that is definitely not on my mind when visiting.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^I honestly don't believe a Westerner could last more than about 20 seconds in Indian traffic. I know I wouldn't.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
^I honestly don't believe a Westerner could last more than about 20 seconds in Indian traffic. I know I wouldn't.

I grew up in Chicago and rented a Tata Sumo through the streets of Bhanaras and was scared out of my mind of killing someone there is no left and right side and a Sumo is huge.

One of things I always wanted to do was ride a dirt bike on some of the off roads from Patna to Calcutta, watching from a train the sunset and backgrounds was one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. City driving in Calcutta was easy in comparison.

LostAbbott

Reaction score
HAHA Like you could ever even drive a Super Car in Delhi. The roads are so jammed and full of pot holes you would scratch the paint, ruin the wheels, and rip the bumper off in the first 10 miles.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About the horrible driving, here's a photo I took right outside of Gurgaon (pretty much part of New Delhi).

dbtjis.jpg

I would be scared out of my mind driving a lambo in that (not that I could ever afford one)

As AlanC said, India is one of my favorite countries but luxury shopping is something that is definitely not on my mind when visiting.

I have had much worse experiences.

I visited my relatives in Dhaula Kuan, for my cousin's (she was the bride) wedding, I wore a navy 3pc with a navy tie and pink shirt, even though I wanted to wear a sherwani, but didnt want to show up the groom, who is a really cool bloke.

As one of the youngest, I was given the task of the daily chauffeur, so I had about a month's worth of driving in Delhi's traffic and it was awesome and terrible at the same time. Once we were behind this auto carrying a cuboidal stack of cauliflower twice the height of the vehicle, and it braked suddenly and our car was hailed with cauliflower. And lets not forget driving in the leftmost "lane" (the term is used very loosely here) and being overtaken from the left.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I grew up in Chicago and rented a Tata Sumo through the streets of Bhanaras and was scared out of my mind of killing someone there is no left and right side and a Sumo is huge.

One of things I always wanted to do was ride a dirt bike on some of the off roads from Patna to Calcutta, watching from a train the sunset and backgrounds was one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. City driving in Calcutta was easy in comparison.

We went biking in Goa (dads relatives from there, mum's from the north), and once you get away from all the traffic and civilisation it is very beautiful.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
I wanted to wear a sherwani

Where did you purchase yours ? Before I left for a cousin's wedding I looked here and couldn't find anything.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmmm tacky. Looks like every other try-hard mall on the planet.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
Where did you purchase yours ? Before I left for a cousin's wedding I looked here and couldn't find anything.

Diwan Saheb is where we got a very nice one in black silk with a self design in paisley. It was about 14000 Rs I believe, but there are much cheaper sherwanis at the local tailors, Diwan Saheb is akin to Sam's Tailor in HK, i.e. it is almost a tourist destination.

MLIW

Reaction score

LOL LOL LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads