• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indianapolis living

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
I'm movin down to Indy this summer for grad school and was wondering if any of you are familiar with the area. Specifically I am looking for some housing options in downtown Indy area (under $1000 a month). If any of you have any recommendations for apartments, let me know.

Also, does Indy have alot to offer? Nightlife?

Thanks!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I can't give you any names, but a grand should get you a pretty nice place in Indy.
Indy does have a lot to offer, but nightlife is certainly not one of those things.

lpresq

Reaction score
Check out Real Silk Lofts and Mill No. 9 on Mass Ave. They are a bit over your stated price range, but I'm pretty sure they are exactly what you're looking for (loft living w/ brick exposure, 18 ft ceilings, about 500 ft. from bars/restaurants, etc.). Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can get any place in indy for $1k/month. MY sister lives in a single on about 12th street and meridian and pays practically nothing. If your going to grad school I assume your going to IUPUI. In that case, you will probably be living on the near west side, which is fine too.

Nightlife is meh. Check out indystar.com and there is a "party page" section or something with all the bar listings. You might also want to check out the pictures and brace yourself for the, um, caliber of women this lovely city has to offer. And wearing a colts jersey to a club on saturday is allowed.. In fact, its dressing up. Braod ripple is a better area to go, but gets stale quick.

I love indy and there seems to be more threads on that city than any other lately, but it can be disappointing, depending on where you come from.

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Cool beans, thanks for the info gents.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes
Cool beans, thanks for the info gents.
Good luck finding a place. I think you'll have lots of good options downtown for the amount you want to pay. Enjoy Indy and your time in grad school. Indy is a nice place to live.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads