1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Indiana Jones trilogy on DVD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jovan, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Is it worth buying? Seen mixed reviews.

I've heard the transfer is pretty dark. Didn't they clean up the film a whole lot like they did for Star Wars on DVD, though? I also heard they made a few Star Wars Special Edition-esque changes here and there. Sound quality? Extra features? Opinions would be helpful.

2. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Extra features include an hour-long documentary on each movie. Picture is fine, nothing to write home to mom about. I didn't notice any changes to scenes.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

Extra features include an hour-long documentary on each movie. Picture is fine, nothing to write home to mom about. I didn't notice any changes to scenes.

...except that Han shoots first.

[​IMG]

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Well, I've heard some things here and there about the scenes. Supposedly they fixed a revealing mistake where the cobra who rears up on Indy shows a reflection in the glass put between them on the actual set. Also, they replaced some German dialogue since it was, in fact, Americans speaking German badly.

5. wallateer

wallateer Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any changes myself, though I don't speak, so I guess I wouldn't. Picture quality is sub-par, but it's worth having it for the movies. Maybe they'll do a better remaster for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD in a year or two. I dunno.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Well, I've heard some things here and there about the scenes. Supposedly they fixed a revealing mistake where the cobra who rears up on Indy shows a reflection in the glass put between them on the actual set. Also, they replaced some German dialogue since it was, in fact, Americans speaking German badly.

That stuff doesn't bother me at all. It's like the difference in fixing the matt lines around the TIE Fighters (fine) and making it so that Greedo shoots first (abomination).

Personally, I'd love it if they could do something about the spider scene in Dr. No. It's badly done to the point of being distracting.

7. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Uh, how so? I didn't notice anything detracting to it.

8. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Uh, how so? I didn't notice anything detracting to it.

At one point, there's clearly a plate of glass between Connery's arm and the spider. (I hope I'm remembering this correctly; I haven't seen it in a while and can't find my DVD. But it stands out as my most vivid memory of the film.)

9. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Oh. I never noticed that the two times I saw it.

It's kind of funny that both these movie series have a revealing mistake having to do with glass and creatures. Connery is in the last Indiana Jones, and Indiana Jones was imagined as a sort of 1930's James Bond.