• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indian automaker highest bidder for Jaguar

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the late model jags had very good reliability. They brought some guy in from ford and he actually go to implement real quality. Near Japanese level was what I had heard.

iridium7777

Reaction score
on a more serious note, don't indians hold cows to be sacred? will there be no leather seats in jags now? has that moral aspect been discussed?

Originally Posted by RJman
rimshot.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iridium7777
on a more serious note, don't indians hold cows to be sacred? will there be no leather seats in jags now? has that moral aspect been discussed?

Keep the cracks coming.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iridium7777
on a more serious note, don't indians hold cows to be sacred?
It's a tenet of some forms of the Hindu religion.

The Tata family is Zoroastrian, not that it matters anyway.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by albion658
Is Tata rolling in so much cash...
That would not surprise me...

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
I thought the late model jags had very good reliability. They brought some guy in from ford and he actually go to implement real quality. Near Japanese level was what I had heard.
98+ Jags have been far more reliable than past models, but it's still not quite Japanese comparative, they've just started getting some pretty good designs (considering they've been stale for quite a while) i.e. XK8 and XF.

Hopefully Tata won't ruin these two cars.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
I thought this, too. I know there have been some significant improvements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads