• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incredible Laptop

Redundant

Reaction score
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...three-displays

Here is a laptop that I really like. It has 2 flip screens that transform it from an ordinary 17 inch to a 26 inch with just couple of flicks. It folds into a regular size laptop and could fit into any laptop bag. Is it an atrocity that should never have been released upon this world? Or a creation of beauty and innovation that allows one to watch HD on a 26 inch screen on demand?

Discuss.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I bet it eats batteries like nobody's business. I think I'd like it more if I knew it had the capability of multi-screen display for video editing and etc. But it is rather pretty.
smile.gif

likeitaloud

Reaction score
The design is beautiful but this is just dumb.

People who make 200grand a year in order to actually be able to afford this can probably tell what a great idea it is to have a laptop with multiple incredibly thin surfaces which open up to a 26" diagonal...Using it on the road is out. If you are in a car you better sit in the middle with no one else sitting on either side of you.

What is the point? Get a slightly better quality while you still get poor quality laptop sound and the distractions of the daily life? HD is great when you watch it with the proper sound and conditions, let alone the 26" display which isn't nearly big enough for anything impressive.

Also few people that have self respect would even consider using this with other people around.

huy

Reaction score
Pretty interesting concept and could be quite useful. This looks like it has more potential than that 2 screen monstrocity Lenovo just came out with.

montyharding

Reaction score
Lenovo could have given their dual-screen behemoth the same lines as a concept, and as a concept they could have given it antigravity generators to prevent the carrier from toppling over while transporting it
tongue.gif

It's what it looks like in reality that will be actually interesting.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This makes no sense. I didn't see any pics of it with the sides folded in. If the sides need to be out like wings when you use even the small screen, then the whole concept of "lap-top" was missed by the designers. If it does have a compact mode, the pics do not show it.

As is, this is really a product that's stuck in the middle of two markets. People who need portable on-the-go computing will not be able to use something that occupies this much space. People who want a powerful computer with a large screen that takes up this much space are better off with a desktop.

Rhoads

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
This makes no sense. I didn't see any pics of it with the sides folded in. If the sides need to be out like wings when you use even the small screen, then the whole concept of "lap-top" was missed by the designers. If it does have a compact mode, the pics do not show it. As is, this is really a product that's stuck in the middle of two markets. People who need portable on-the-go computing will not be able to use something that occupies this much space. People who want a powerful computer with a large screen that takes up this much space are better off with a desktop.
totally agree with the desktop thing, just go for a Shuttle computer, so much better. they don't even give you any stats on the laptop.
laptop.jpg
there the flaps are folded in. but i think it just wont have everything the desktops provide performance wise. not to mention how heavy that thing must be, because i love carrying my 26" screen around.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rhoads
totally agree with the desktop thing, just go for a Shuttle computer, so much better.
they don't even give you any stats on the laptop.

laptop.jpg

there the flaps are folded in. but i think it just wont have everything the desktops provide performance wise. not to mention how heavy that thing must be, because i love carrying my 26" screen around.

I meant with the sides folded in while in use. It seems to me the sides have to flap outward to expose the keyboard.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually it would be pretty good for trading on the road... I like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads