• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incredible Borrelli customer service!!!!

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
All I can say is wow... I am going to be a customer for life. What started out as a bit of a horror story turned into an incredible experience. Over the summer some of you might recall I picked up an super nice Borrelli suit for and incredible deal, it had been altered but looked as if it had never been worn... However it was a bit too large an need some serious alterations. Not wanting to chance wrecking the craftmanship of the suit I figured I would take it to the Borrelli shop in NYC last July... It needed a lot of work but the manager was willing to help me out and alter it for me. (much more than Kiton was willing to do after I bought a brand new Kiton from Barney's and they hacked the hell out of it) The manager explained it would take some time though... I figured 6-8 weeks or so. Well stopped in towards the end of Oct and and was told two weeks more.. Thanksgiving, 2 weeks more, Dec, this weekend etc...etc...
Finally come Jan... I'll called and the manager was very honest...they had changed tailors 3 times my suit got caught up in the shift, it need to be re-marked etc... but there was no excuse for the lack of contact poor service etc... The manager did not attempt to blame anyone or anything but himself. To make up for it when I dropped in last Saturday for the fitting they gave me my choice of any dress shirt in the store and any tie to go with the suit, free of charge... I picked a really nice basic cream shirt with french cuffs and a super 7 fold tie. To go a bit farther they did not charge me for alterations, and shipped it overnight free of charge. I might add that there packaging methods are 2nd to none, nice wide shoulder hanger and cloth travel bag, cedar post through the box with hanger taped to it, hard plastic inserts all around the box etc... I remember when Barney's sent me a Kiton and it was off the hanger crumpled up at the bottom of the box...
Well the suit was well worth the wait and it was beyond refreshing to come across a business that went the extra mile even though the original sale was not there's...
On a side note they had a great selection of Mantellassi fatte a mano shoes too.
Needless to say I will do my best to support Borrelli as often as I can.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great experience.

With the growth of the internet, my only hope is that all companies will realize how quickly word of mouth can spread and recognize the importance of putting out a quality product with quality customer service.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus at the boutique, you get to see Michelle.
biggrin.gif
koji

brescd01

Reaction score
Have we established who makes 16/20's bespoke suits?

uriahheep

Reaction score
Very nice of them. Was the shirt from the Royal collection?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Thracozaag @ Feb. 05 2005,06:42) Plus at the boutique, you get to see Michelle.
biggrin.gif
koji
Speaking of which, when I was in Manhattan during Labor Day weekend, there was a Russian saleswoman at Domenico Vacca that made the Attolini suits pale in comparison. Jon.
That's quite a compliment. koji

Smooth Jazz

Reaction score
(imageWIS @ Feb. 05 2005,06:50)
Originally Posted by Thracozaag,Feb. 05 2005,06:42
biggrin.gif
koji

Speaking of which, when I was in Manhattan during Labor Day weekend, there was a Russian saleswoman at Domenico Vacca that made the Attolini suits pale in comparison. Jon.
Having met the two women in question, I can only agree. Needless to say, I ended up purchasing things I did not even need.
biggrin.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ Feb. 05 2005,06:50)
Originally Posted by Thracozaag,Feb. 05 2005,06:42
biggrin.gif
koji

Well, she was both intelligent and friendly; as well as a sight to see. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads