• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Increase in Active Endeavors coupon to 20%

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The Active Endeavors coupon "styleforum" should give you 20% off, instead of 15% off, non-sale items, very shortly. So that should give you a little extra incentive to use the coupon to get your Crate and Rag&Bone jeans, and your "The Cast" tees from our affiliate.

Cheers,

Fok.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Now if they could just be convinced to stock smalls....

I really can't figure out why they don't; given that they carry more eclectic brands than your average store, one would think they would stock more small sizes rather than large sizes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
Now if they could just be convinced to stock smalls....

I really can't figure out why they don't; given that they carry more eclectic brands than your average store, one would think they would stock more small sizes rather than large sizes.

Well,

1) Their brick-and-mortars, which share inventory with the webstore, are located around the Chicago area. Not exactly the land of small people

2) The average American male has a 36" waist. So Active Endeavors actually does carry small sizes compared to that standard. I mean, a medium Rag & Bone jacket fits me, at 5'11", 152 lbs. That is pretty small compared to the American norm, although sometimes I feel like a giant around these parts.

But yeah, it would be cool if AE stocked smaller sizes.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Ahh, yes, I completely forgot that they are also a brick-and-mortar store.

Still though, I would be willing to bet that if they stocked just one small for most items it would sell fairly fast, especially with them having an online presence.

chadler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well,

1) Their brick-and-mortars, which share inventory with the webstore, are located around the Chicago area. Not exactly the land of small people

2) The average American male has a 36" waist. So Active Endeavors actually does carry small sizes compared to that standard. I mean, a medium Rag & Bone jacket fits me, at 5'11", 152 lbs. That is pretty small compared to the American norm, although sometimes I feel like a giant around these parts.

But yeah, it would be cool if AE stocked smaller sizes.

yeah, but what is the percentage of average american males that wear premiun denim?

i would say the average male who wears brand name clothing is much smaller than 36

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the added a couple brands (i.e. Steven Alan). Can't really beat 20% off...

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed they won't be carrying 5ep next season
mad.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RustyRyan
I'm a bit disappointed they won't be carrying 5ep next season
mad.gif

That's too bad. Can't blame them though, the stuff doesn't sell there at all.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Looks like the added a couple brands (i.e. Steven Alan). Can't really beat 20% off...

I think revolve might be carrying steven alan and rogues soon too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
I think revolve might be carrying steven alan and rogues soon too.

I like Revolve as well, although they really need to rethink their models. Personally, I think that a mannequin (like Yoox uses when they don't use Mr. Universe) is the best way to go. However, they are not an affiliate, so... buy from Active Endeavors (and Denim Bar, especially once Mauro gets his website up) instead. Or pressure Revolve into becoming an affiliate!

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Mmm...if only Revolve would offer us a 20% coupon. Although I like the brand selection of AE a bit more, a Styleforum discount for Revolve would rock as well.

JET, didn't you mention that you were friends with one of the owners of Revolve? You should drop a hint or two!
tongue.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tell him the forum is boycotting his store until they become an affiliate :p

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Haha, I will definitely mention it to him the next time I see him at the gym. He doesn't have much of a problem hooking me up so I'll see what I can do. I tried to convince him to get rag and bone but it's not always as easy as it sounds. I bought that crazy neck sweatshirt from AE (it was pretty inspiring) so no worries Fok, I still support the forum
laugh.gif

PS. We talked about the models thing and the website layout as well. He goes through an agency iirc and he gets what he gets and he doesn't have time to argue ya know. Mike is a big fan of high quality clothes (nudie, margiela, cloak, etc) like me or I should say us so we'll see, k guys? Cheers.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Yeah, tell him the forum is boycotting his store until they become an affiliate :p
Actually, I find that never works
smile.gif
You guys (and I include me) are always fiending to buy stuff. However, a 20% perpetual coupon would definitely spur my buying habits there, and the relationship might attract traffic from guests that just browse by (and this place is about on par or better trafficwise than Superfutures right now.) I actually like the lineup on Active Endeavors as well. They have my favorite tee and hoodie guys, The Cast, a great lineup of jeans with 5EP (or had), Corpus, and Rag & Bone, and a solid (though limited) mix of casualwear by solid companies like Rogues Gallery, as well as truly cool and hard to find stuff like Kenzo Minami tees. Yes, selection is more limited, but nothing on Active has really made me cringe. On the other hand, Revolve is a little more mainstream, and while they have some cool stuff like Loomstate Vans and Nudie and Corpus jeans, I find that the really trashy stuff they carry - Grail makes me cringe, for one - sort of dilutes their site as a shopping destination online for me. It would be nice if they focussed on quality a little and ditched some labels. Grail, for one, judging from the amount of stuff on discount, can't have been doing great over there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads