1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Incotex

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cbrokaw, Sep 1, 2006.

1. cbrokaw

cbrokaw Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about Incotex Pants? I am looking for casual pants and have been recommended Incotex. I'm looking to buy some online, but would first like to know about the:

- Cut of the pants
    - Styling of the pants
    - Who they are best suited for

I am 5'8 and pretty skinny (29 inch waist) and probably 30 inch inseam.

Thanks in advance

2. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

They are classic styles and regular fits in my experience. For instance, Borrelli and Jil Sander makes a slimmer fit.

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about Incotex Pants? I am looking for casual pants and have been recommended Incotex. I'm looking to buy some online, but would first like to know about the:

- Cut of the pants
    - Styling of the pants
    - Who they are best suited for

I am 5'8 and pretty skinny (29 inch waist) and probably 30 inch inseam.

Thanks in advance

Edit: typical leg opening is 15 inches or so. Knee is about the same.

Incotex are very slim but very comfortable. Comparables are RLPL, Borrelli for the Euro market, or probably a pair of slim fit jeans. Depending on the fabric and the line (they have three lines) you can wear them for everything from running errands with sneakers to your most formal sportjacket/dress pants setting. They are suited for a wide range of people, obviously someone as thin as you would look good in them.

4. EL72

EL72 Senior member

The casual cotton chinos are quite slim fitting and tapered. They don't fit my big thighs well but should work well for you. The Formale and Sartoriale line of dress trousers are more classic fits.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It really depends on the line (Sartoriale, Formale,..?). I know that some of my Incotex pants are much trimmer than others for the same exact European size (e54)

6. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

I have yet to try these pants and they are highly endorsed, but i gotta say the name is horrible. This sound like some pharmaceutical product for incontinence.

2 people like this.
  7. thinman

thinman Senior member

The casual cotton chinos are quite slim fitting and tapered. They don't fit my big thighs well but should work well for you. The Formale and Sartoriale line of dress trousers are more classic fits.

I bought two pairs from Lance's last shipment in my usual waist size of 32 and had to return them as too slim. And I'm 6'3, 165-170 lbs. In fairness, recent weightlifting has put on ~10 lbs. and increased the size of my thighs/posterior, but my Levi's 517s in a 32 waist still fit.

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I normally wear a size 36 pant in most pants and it looks nice - slim but not too tight. I tried on a pair of size 36 incotex cotton pants and looked like an 80s rock star.

9. LARon

LARon Senior member

I have yet to try these pants and they are highly endorsed, but i gotta say the name is horrible. This sound like some pharmaceutical product for incontinence.

[​IMG]

10. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

You might want to check out www.shopthefinest.com. They tend to provide more measurements, including manufacturers' web sites, than most places.

Rolo

11. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I swear, as good as they may be I'll never get past the name. They sound like they should be producing toiletries.

12. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior member

I bought a pair from norcaltransplant a while back. Love them - I'm slim but not overly so, typically wear a 32 in most brands, and a 34 in Incotex fits wonderfully. They're slim, but not terribly so - they look really sharp and unlike the baggy dress pants many people wear. Highly recommended, regardless of the name.

13. Dan-

Dan- Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why someone would pay (at retail) $325 - $525 for these pants. You can get custom trousers for less than that, even with equal quality fabrics. Am I missing something?

14. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

I'm a big fan. Their 150s pants are a cornerstone of my business dress.

The slimness depends highly on the model. The Grant is a very full cut but their Barney's pants are slimmer and real "ball huggers" in the crotch, at least for me.

The reason Incotex is pricey is construction and gorgeous fabrics. It would be hard to have equal quality bespoke pants at the $500 range. I originally felt the same way but looking into it was not able to find a decent tailor with the same level of fabric in that price point.

They often turn up in sales at Neimans and Bergdorf. Atlanta has some now at Filene's in the slimmer design.

15. highfalutin

highfalutin Senior member

Do the trousers stretch or shrink with wear and washing?

I am talking about wool trousers and all-cotton chinos.

16. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Excellent necrobump. Gold star.

17. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

+1

I especially hate when threads are bumped from so long ago that I see banned people I've never even heard of and wonder what they did to get banned.

18. highfalutin

highfalutin Senior member

So what's the deal? I shouldn't ask a question in a relevant thread whose last reply occurred long ago? How long is the rule? And where should my question go instead?

19. paulbnyc

paulbnyc Active Member

most styleforum posters are effete, uptight assholes.

1 person likes this.
  20. MALTLIQUOR

MALTLIQUOR Member

Agreed.

Can you provide details on that gold lamé tote bag in your avatar photo?