• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incotex pant fit

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I never bought a pair of incotex pants before so was wondering about their fit. I was looking at these ones on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/New-325-Incotex-...QQcmdZViewItem) I like a trim look and these are described as modern. How hard would it be to take in the legs to make them trimmer if they are too wide? Thanks for the help in advance.

horton

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if you need to take them in. They have a slim but not restrictive cut

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're as slim as you'd want to go imo. I wear them with fairly slim jackets (38 borrelli) and the outfit always looks balanced as a whole. I doubt you'd want to take them in.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are way too slim in my opinion. I generally wear a size 36 waist, and pants like Isaia are a perfectly slimness for me. But Incotex are cut much slimmer (granted I have very large thighs). I am going to have to sell the pair I bought on ebay because they are way too slim. I would literally bust them if I flexed my quads.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
N.B. Theworldsfinest is an excellent seller. Ian, the owner, is totally reliable and easy to work with. Lance at virtualclotheshorse.com is also great (and a frequent poster here).

summej2

Reaction score
Yes, I doubt you would need to alter them. The 30s I just bought through the forum from Ed are as slim in the leg, thigh, and seat as any of my RL purple label 28 or 29 waist and really fit closer to a 29 in the wasit itself.

horton

Reaction score
odoreater,

Don't be discouraged by Incotex. They have other models (I think it's called Sartoriale) that are a more full, traditional, less European cut. They tend to cost a lot more but if you keep your eyes peeled you'll see deals on ebay and here for such.

The slimmest pants I've come across are some of the European styles/models for Borrelli. They should be called "tights" or "nylons".

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horton
odoreater,

Don't be discouraged by Incotex. They have other models (I think it's called Sartoriale) that are a more full, traditional, less European cut. They tend to cost a lot more but if you keep your eyes peeled you'll see deals on ebay and here for such.

The slimmest pants I've come across are some of the European styles/models for Borrelli. They should be called "tights" or "nylons".

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that because I thought the quality and material of the pants was really nice. By the way, I recently bought some Brioni pants that are pretty nice and cut just a bit slimmer than my Isaia pants.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that because I thought the quality and material of the pants was really nice. By the way, I recently bought some Brioni pants that are pretty nice and cut just a bit slimmer than my Isaia pants.

Do they have pleats? The brioni pants I see are always pleated and it pisses me off cause I really like some of them.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summej2
Yes, I doubt you would need to alter them. The 30s I just bought through the forum from Ed are as slim in the leg, thigh, and seat as any of my RL purple label 28 or 29 waist and really fit closer to a 29 in the wasit itself.

Glad you liked them and the fit is very trim but once you get used to them, it's hard to wear anything else. They show off you shoes so wonderfully.

To the original poster, you may want to try Borrelli made for the US market. They are trimmer than American pants, but not as much as Borrelli/Incotex for the Euro market.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Do they have pleats? The brioni pants I see are always pleated and it pisses me off cause I really like some of them.

No, the pants I got were flat front. They are a wool/cotton blend. I'll post a picture when I get them back from my tailor.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summej2

I'd have to disagree with you in general. They have a slim leg, but are very true to size. A 30 is a 30, not a 29. My RLPL have a slimmer leg and lower rise than incotex, although this could be seasonal variation on the part of RLPL as I only have a couple pairs.

Having said that, the flat-front Incotex pants are definitely not for people carrying extra weight, but they are roomy enough so as not to be constricting for a guy that's slim.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

summej2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'd have to disagree with you in general. They have a slim leg, but are very true to size. A 30 is a 30, not a 29. My RLPL have a slimmer leg and lower rise than incotex, although this could be seasonal variation on the part of RLPL as I only have a couple pairs.

Having said that, the flat-front Incotex pants are definitely not for people carrying extra weight, but they are roomy enough so as not to be constricting for a guy that's slim.

I think the seasonal variation is probably the culprit, I also only have a couple of pairs of RLPL and they have more room in the seat and legs. I think it varies with Incotex waist size too. I bought the 30s because all the measurements *except* the waist were exactly the same as Incotex 28s. So the 28s would be roomier than the 30s but the 32s, being at the start of another range, would be less roomy... You're right though: the Incotex are true in the waist, but I find a number of other of other pants are "waist inflated." e.g., I'll probably take the Incotex in a touch at the waist when I get them cuffed so that they are a true 29, but to get a true 29 in some other brands I would need to buy a 28.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads