• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incotex on a shorter guy?

computerpro3

Reaction score
In the process of replacing my currently crappy wardrobe, I need to pick up some trousers. I've been looking at some of the Incotex on ebay, but am unsure of how well they will work on a shorter guy like me. I'm about 5'7 and 32 or loose 33 in the waist of most pants. I have to get literally every pair of pants I own shortened, and I'm unsure if chopping off a massive 8-9 inches from these inseams of 37 inches will change the fit or structure of the pants.

Anyone know if Incotex chinoLino's and high comfort will work for a guy my size?

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as they are "straight leg", you should be fine. You are not that short, btw. Good luck.

computerpro3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mishon
As long as they are "straight leg", you should be fine. You are not that short, btw. Good luck.
It certainly feels like I am when they barely even sell sub-30 lengths in stores
frown.gif

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The incotex inseams are that long because they are unfinished. It is expected that you will be shortening them by several inches. You will have no problems.

Also, be aware that there are different lines of incotex with different fits. Some are very slim, others less so.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
The incotex inseams are that long because they are unfinished. It is expected that you will be shortening them by several inches. You will have no problems.

+1

I'm slightly shorter than the OP and I have no problems with my Incotex (or Mabitex, or any other unhemmed trousers for that matter).

aMb

Reaction score
Nothing much to add, except to say that I replaced most of my casual trousers with Incotex/Mabitex/Borrelli etc, and IMO with a 29" inseam they do not look out of proportion. Good luck with the upgrade!

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YOu are not short. I am 5'7.5" and have a 29" inseem. All my Mabitex and Incotex are shortened and cuffed with 2" cuffs. It does not look out of proportion. Just look through the WAYWN thread to see many people in Inc/Mabitex and they are about the same height.

wetnose

Reaction score
Yeah, generally with a 34" waist, Incotex comes with 2 rises: 10.5 (or less) and 11.5 (or more). For your height you want the 10.5 or less - works well for me.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem. For the record, I'm 5'6" with 29.5" waist.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know why people buy pants expecting the inseams to fit them perfectly already. Pants are usually made with some sort of cuff incase you're just lucky or don't care if they're too long (and in the case of Incotex just left unfinished), but in most cases you're going to have to shorten them.

Why are people still surprised by this?

As to the OP, I understand what you mean but it's only a problem when there's a strong taper or some sort of boot cut that shortening them really opens up the leg opening width.

PS - you're not short.
PPS - remember Inco's aren't vanity sized, so buy true waist size

computerpro3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I don't know why people buy pants expecting the inseams to fit them perfectly already. Pants are usually made with some sort of cuff incase you're just lucky or don't care if they're too long (and in the case of Incotex just left unfinished), but in most cases you're going to have to shorten them.

Why are people still surprised by this?

As to the OP, I understand what you mean but it's only a problem when there's a strong taper or some sort of boot cut that shortening them really opens up the leg opening width.

PS - you're not short.
PPS - remember Inco's aren't vanity sized, so buy true waist size

I wasn't expecting the inseams to fit; I just wasn't sure if it was okay to chop off 8 inches from them without changing the structure of the pants. I am unfamiliar with the cut of the Incotex line in person, so I figured I'd ask.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
see my signature, quote #3...

blush.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Also, be aware that there are different lines of incotex with different fits. Some are very slim, others less so.

This. ^^^

I have a pair of the higher-end super 150's ($600 retail, with curtained waistband) and I had to get one size up and then have it taken in because the thighs were too tight on me.

computerpro3

Reaction score
Well I bought a pair of the Chino Lino's and am a bit disappointed in how baggy they are.

I bought the 33 waist, and after having them altered to fit my height the leg hem opening measurement is 9.25 inches and they don't really look any different than standard Dockers, for example. The fabric certainly has a nicer hand and they drape and move worlds better, but I really wish they were slimmer. And keep in mind, this is coming from someone who is not a fan of the ultra slim craze. But I wouldn't even really call these fitted.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lino? So linen? Often linen pants are cut baggier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads