1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Incotex casual trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I am familiar with Incotex, owing a pair of the sartoriale line and know they are fabulous trousers.

But I was wondering about their lower-end trousers. In particular, I found a pair of flat front, almost jean cut, with straight leg cotton pants on Yoox for $39. Anyone have experience with their casual Khakiesqe pants? I guess $39 is well worth it, but any comments in particular on the fit, quality, etc?

2. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I bought a pair of Incotex jeans last year. They fit well, but be forewarned that they are not a loose-fitting or at all baggy cut. At least the ones I got were more form-fitted than I'm used to; thus, you might want to pay attention to the lower leg measurements in addition to the waist.

I've got a pair of casual, black chino-style slacks from Incotex. They fit like a normal pair of chinos you might find at Polo or Brooks Brothers -- i.e., they fit as you'd expect them to fit.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

i bought a pair of incotex jean-cut trousers a few years ago, before i knew what incotex was (from wilkes bashford warehouse sale, can't remember the price) - they are pretty form-fitting as well. they are at the tailor's getting 'expanded' just now to fit my slightly enhanced girth, somehow that happened between the time i bought them and now. the material is really soft, maybe moleskin, i'm not sure. the color is ...i guess i would call it brown mustard.

/andrew - needs to make time for getting back into RTW shape.

4. NYCDan

NYCDan Well-Known Member

Are there several levels of Incotex slacks?

5. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

There was a thread on this a while back, but I think sartoriale is the highest, formale is the next highest, and then you get into the casual line and the cheaper stuff made in Portugal, like the aformentioned trousers.