• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incorporating Sprezzatura into SW&D

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top 3 fly buttons of jeans undone, roll the waistband, belt hanging around yer hips.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a Raf high-top on one foot and a Common Projects or Margiela on the other.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
Does anyone have some tips for this? I was thinking about leaving one button fly button undone, but is that enough? It's hard when you're just wearing a tshirt and jeans. How about an undone, dangling belt?

don't lace one shoe.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I leave a crosscut saw hanging out of my left back packet for workwear sprezzatura. Not fussily; just kind of stuff it in there. Sometime I casually carry a sledgehammer.

I've considered leaving one corner of my bindle untied, but I'm afraid other trainhoppers might call me out (no hobo).

hahahahaha

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get dressed the night before and then just hop out of bed and go to work in the morning. This leaves just the right amount of crumpling and untuckedness to my clothes. Saves time in the morning, too!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinese throwing stars? Brass knuckles?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Chinese throwing stars? Brass knuckles?
nah, those are just for the fadez

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ventolin puffer fadez.

**** yeah.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I feel that Jon Gosselin is our generation's master of Sprezzatura. Both before and after the breakup. Exhibit A...

jon-gosselin.jpg

"a certain nonchalance, so as to conceal all art and make whatever one does or says appear to be without effort and almost without any thought about it." That sounds about right.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If not shurikens then Zippo lighters?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads