In which we discuss Trump, Star Wars, The Fast and the Furious, and a CDG Interview.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cyc wid it, Mar 30, 2016.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

It's being reported elsewhere, I didn't link all that stuff.

4. LA Guy

So, do?

I mean, that is an okay article, in context, but the other stuff sounds more fun/gossipy.

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

6. LA Guy

lol. That dude didn't just burn the bridge, he spun around on a wheel firing grenades as he did so.

The poor editor of the New Yorker probably read that, and thought, "How the fuck did I come to figure in this story?"

Best part of this is the author's byline: "Jacques Hyzagi also writes for The Guardian and ELLE and lives in New York." Might be slightly out of date.

7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Between the crazy ranting and "I date models" bragging, there's more than a zero percent chance that Jacques Hyzagi is Donald Trump's freelance pen name.

8. LA Guy

9. LA Guy

footnote: The second part of Trump's statement could have been made by pretty much any straight man.

footnote 2: No matter what you think of the man, Trump sure can tell a story. it's not so much that he avoids things like "issues" (bleh), and "policies" (meh), but that one does not ask about such thing when one is drawn into a talented storyteller's world. What are you? One of those people who questions the existence of "The Force" in Star Wars? Anyone who doesn't think that this is true, should listen to his victory speech in Florida, with no bias (or as little as possible.) The man is like a bizarro Garrison Keeler (I was talking to @Saucemaster about this last night).

RFT: Is that his real hair? It's hard to believe that the man would choose a toupee that bad.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Channeling Piob - CE that shit!

(And LA guy is channeling Hirsch by replying to his own post)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  11. LA Guy

What can I say, I really like jeans too.

12. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

This is one of the most entertaining articles I've read in some time, even though it probably lowers the chances of the elusive real interview ever being published.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

look, the force awakens may have been overhyped and a bit lame but there's no need to insult an entire space operatic saga by drawing any analogies with trump. he's not a story teller he's a megalomaniacal demagogue who happens to also be charismatic and funny. there's no story, he just repeats tired tropes in the pursuit of votes from a base that grows ever more rabid and delusional. and when accused of repeating himself, he repeatedly states that no, he does not repeat himself.

regarding the hair:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

(maher is mostly useless but this is a valid point)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  14. LA Guy

I find Maher really unfunny and strident for the most part.

I can't and won't disagree with any of your salient points about Trump, but I will say that this: "he's not a story teller he's a megalomaniacal demagogue who happens to also be charismatic and funny." misrecognizes his strength - he is charismatic and funny, but that is only part of what makes him a good storyteller - is part of the reason that he keeps on mystifying his opponents. When you can weave a new reality, the reality in which we live becomes irrelevant. I mean, a 30, 40, no, 50 foot wall is silly taken out of context, but if you read, say, Stephen Leacock, or listen to Garrison Keeler (and I pick those examples because the read/write about small town life in Canada and the US, respectively, you could see how Trump goes from silly and maybe even a bit dangerous (though, who knows), to being endearing and someone you can get behind.

Of course, it doesn't help that the remaining candidates in the GOP field are such duds as public speakers. Maybe they should just admit it the way Hillary has about her natural presence.

But I take your point about Star Wars. I'll use "The Fast and the Furious" next time, because only in that franchise can you be led to believe that Vin Diesel is a smart badass with excellent driving skills.

15. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Re:Rei/Elle: It's too bad dude feels belittled or whatever but wow there is just no way, w that level of 'tude, he isn't part of the problem. Kind of surprised nobody found a way to throw him off the project before the interview took place.