In this thread you ask how to behave in restaurants and other locations, and people who have been ou

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by itsstillmatt, Aug 1, 2011.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

Again not the point.
    Back to topic now.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Fritz, I'm not American.

In baseball parlance, you are batting 1000.

3. freedom_fries

freedom_fries Senior member

i think dropping the golf subject is probably a good idea.

here's another one:

sit down to business dinner in very expensive, and very cosy, restaurant known for the quality of its food. very well-off quartet arrives and sits at table next to ours. at least one of the women is wearing an abominable perfume, and by the smell can only have immersed her entire body in it. restaurant is packed and there are no more available seats, and party appears to be on familiar, friendly terms with the maitre d.

this actually happened, and i ended up stewing in my own fury along with my equally-annoyed colleague (who were sitting nearest to the she-devil in question), as we felt we'd have been tossed out before the regulars.

4. Piobaire

So what's the question?

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You should loudly inquire to your table "what is that very strong perfume smell, do you guys smell that?", everyone should then loudly agree that they also notice it. Leave it there.

While you're stuck smelling her you will influence her future behavior.

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Unless you plan to go live in the woods you'll just have to chill and stop freaking out....

she-devils make life worth living anyway...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

What is you?

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

When an entire generation of Europeans has learned the joys of bathing, you will have to worry about this less.

9. freedom_fries

i'm generally not one to freak out, but if there is one place one should never wear offensive perfume, much less bathe in it like said Frau, it is in a small, crowded gourmet restaurant.

10. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

We have some friends who live down the street, one of whom comes from an old money family in Saint-Tropez. They are sweet, good hosts, have interesting taste and a beautiful house in our neighborhood, but we never go there because they smell like an all ages punk show performed in a meat locker.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

:nodding::nodding::nodding:

When I lived in Europe I was a consultant and around early June this one guy that worked there started musting up the entire floor. An elevator ride with this dude would dizzy you for hours. He worked in this side office with 4 other guys. You couldnt get anywhere near that shit. I dont know how the guys sitting in there could stand it but there they were, victims of nasal rape.

12. freedom_fries

let's not attribute the sins of southern europe to an entire continent.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I know you're kidding but this is mainly the result of American GI arriving in places like France where plenty of restrictions/problems were in place and people didn't get to wash as much and assuming it was a normal state of affair. Oh and I sometimes don't bathe and no one fucking dies, some people are waaaaayyy too anal about this stuff.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Chefs are a nasty bunch.

I worked with this arrogant angry Michelin chef who got so pissed off at one of the sous chefs that when the guy opened an oven and leaned down to get something out, he kicked him in the ass and the guy went in head first.

The sous was fat, so when that foot hit that tail square between the ass bones it sent this tight reverberation thru his torso.

When he got out he came out with the steak he went in to get in the first place. Dexterity for a big boy, I tell you. Then he became enraged for an instant and you could see him looking at the steak wondering if he'd throw it at the chef. Pussy backed down. I would have gone for the boiling oil if someone did that to me.

15. Piobaire

This phrase deserved being noticed.

Real question:

You're at a fairly decent place and your entrees either arrive with your appies or 3-4 minutes after your appies get dropped. What do you do?