• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In this thread we ***** about customer service

Tramlines

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I like EndClothing's internet shop. They are reliable and have a better range than some shops. In contrast the Newcastle store is a huge disappointment.

Aspendos

Reaction score
Don't know why everyone seems so positive about The Bureau Belfast on here. They are literally holding my purchase "hostage". I bought a Porter bag from them, and they sent me the wrong one. This is undisputed, as I bought the last one in size L, but they sent size S. My size L bag is still in their store, and they refuse to send it until they get the other bag back. Sorry, but them sending me the wrong bag is not my mistake, and I don't think they are in any way justified keeping my bag - and my payment - until I can ship back the other bag. I am not going out of my way to speed that up for them, and they didn't answer to e-mails or Facebook messages until I sent them one with all caps in the title and expletives. They're justifying the bad service with the fact that they are very busy due to sales. So be warned! I, for one, won't be buying from them anymore.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Don't know why everyone seems so positive about The Bureau Belfast on here. They are literally holding my purchase "hostage". I bought a Porter bag from them, and they sent me the wrong one. This is undisputed, as I bought the last one in size L, but they sent size S. My size L bag is still in their store, and they refuse to send it until they get the other bag back. Sorry, but them sending me the wrong bag is not my mistake, and I don't think they are in any way justified keeping my bag - and my payment - until I can ship back the other bag. I am not going out of my way to speed that up for them, and they didn't answer to e-mails or Facebook messages until I sent them one with all caps in the title and expletives. They're justifying the bad service with the fact that they are very busy due to sales. So be warned! I, for one, won't be buying from them anymore.

This is in no way a legitimate complaint. If you want to shop from small stores around the world you're going to have to accept that they are run by tiny teams of people who don't have the resources, logistics power, and support staff of mega-retailers you may be used to shopping with. I'm guessing you don't have experience running a small business if this is your reaction. Nothing wrong with that, but you have unreasonable expectations.

All that said, your particular feelings about a retailer's business practices are way outside the scope of this thread. This is not a thread about this particular store or about customer service in general. It's a deal, sale, and coupon thread. I have absolutely no idea why you thought this was appropriate to post here or germane to the conversation about buying items at a discount, which is what this thread is for.

Aspendos

Reaction score
This is in no way a legitimate complaint. If you want to shop from small stores around the world you're going to have to accept that they are run by tiny teams of people who don't have the resources, logistics power, and support staff of mega-retailers you may be used to shopping with. I'm guessing you don't have experience running a small business if this is your reaction. Nothing wrong with that, but you have unreasonable expectations.

All that said, your particular feelings about a retailer's business practices are way outside the scope of this thread. This is not a thread about this particular store or about customer service in general. It's a deal, sale, and coupon thread. I have absolutely no idea why you thought this was appropriate to post here or germane to the conversation about buying items at a discount, which is what this thread is for.

I have the expectation that I get what I paid for. If they are incapable of shipping the correct item, they really should not be running an online store. I posted it in the sales thread because I bought a sales item and their excuse for not answering to customers' e-mails or Facebook messages is that they are too busy due to sales. How is this not germane to the sales thread? There are people posting about all sort of nonsense on there that interests no one but themselves. This is a public service warning and if it's been shifted here, that's fine with me, as long as people find it when they google The Bureau Belfast, www.thebureaubelfast.com, or search for customer experiences on here (as I did before ordering).

Sorry, but I don't appreciate being "blackmailed" by online sellers. All they are saying with their behaviour is that they made the mistake, but now they put me under suspicion of not going to return the item (which incidentally is worth all of £64 in size L, and less in size S!) if they send me the correct item first. I have given them no reason to suspect anything of that kind. I've been the one reaching out to them and not getting a reply. For me this means that I can't ship the wrong item and collect the right one at the same time, but will have to waste another Saturday on this.

Last edited:

CalabasasJR

Reaction score
I have the expectation that I get what I paid for. If they are incapable of shipping the correct item, they really should not be running an online store. I posted it in the sales thread because I bought a sales item and their excuse for not answering to customers' e-mails or Facebook messages is that they are too busy due to sales. How is this not germane to the sales thread? There are people posting about all sort of nonsense on there that interests no one but themselves. This is a public service warning and if it's been shifted here, that's fine with me, as long as people find it when they google The Bureau Belfast, www.thebureaubelfast.com, or search for customer experiences on here (as I did before ordering).

Sorry, but I don't appreciate being "blackmailed" by online sellers. All they are saying with their behaviour is that they made the mistake, but now they put me under suspicion of not going to return the item (which incidentally is worth all of £64 in size L, and less in size S!) if they send me the correct item first. I have given them no reason to suspect anything of that kind. I've been the one reaching out to them and not getting a reply. For me this means that I can't ship the wrong item and collect the right one at the same time, but will have to waste another Saturday on this.

You know you could've just send back the wrong bag and PROBABLY you would have the new one already ? I don't see a point in your behaviour - trying to bash their store on the internet because they send you wrong size, isn't it normal to send back the wrong size and THEN receive a new one ? Come on.

Aspendos

Reaction score
You know you could've just send back the wrong bag and PROBABLY you would have the new one already ? I don't see a point in your behaviour - trying to bash their store on the internet because they send you wrong size, isn't it normal to send back the wrong size and THEN receive a new one ? Come on.

Believe it or not, but some people have other things to do beside collecting, shipping back, and collecting again (or waiting all day at home for) the same order on three separate occasions - for a £64 item. Also, I had to hear back from them regarding the courier invoice, import taxes and customs duties on the wrong bag, which I will be charged (depending on how they declared it on the customs declaration) regardless of it being the wrong bag.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I still get, when someone claims they have no time to answer e-mails or messages, but they are perfectly fine wasting my time.

Last edited:

Enexde96

Reaction score

Fiddler

Reaction score
I read through your post and noticed that you didn't mention if you recieved the tags for either of the sneakers. Did END really send you not one, but two pairs of shoes without tags? Please let us know.

What exactly do you mean by tags? Just want to be 100% sure I understand your question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads