• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In this thread I post one chillout/ambient/deep/chillwave song per day

UltimateSwag

Reaction score
decided to post this gem..lulz

hey...it's a great song. what can I say

Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My submission for today comes off of Juno Reactor's 2000 album Shango. Called Song for Ancestors. A little bit more of a tribal twist to chill-out music.

I'll post a 5 minute edited version that somebody set to Mamoru Oshii's (of Ghost in the Shell fame) movie Avalon, which came out 2001. Kind of a Matrix meets 13th Floor with a little Central European flavor of Half-Life thrown into it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267287/plotsummary

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

If you're not familiar with Juno Reactor then I highly recommend going to see them live; quite a sight.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

Heh, I actually have a live recording somewhere of an hour long set I did at a club from 2009 where I closed with this tune.

Great track but never liked the mix down of it because the intro was so short for mixing.

EDIT: Nevermind, it wasn't that the intro was too short, it was the sidechained chords that came in too early.

Last edited:

UltimateSwag

Reaction score
^no wonder you have good knowledge on this genre...you're a dj

anyway i don't want to turn this thread into a trance thread but this song is just.....wow.

Yuri Kane vs Arty - Right Back/Twilight Tonight mashup

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Neon Indian song on the first page is ******* awesome. It's been added to the sex list.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Neon Indian song on the first page is ******* awesome. It's been added to the sex list.

It really is all Anoraak. I mean, the original is good, but the remix is a million times better.
shog[1].gif
Dude knows his ****.

To continue the chain I really want to recommend Fear of Tigers.

Perhaps a little too OT, just had to get the word out there...

Last edited:

UltimateSwag

Reaction score
I always liked this guy's mixes...

Alice - Pogo

Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you wanna go there. That was some clever slicing and dicing, I just wanted him to develop it more after the first half of the track, but I know how time consuming vocal chopping (not to mention video editing) can be.

While not as cool as the Alice track, I always enjoyed this one because I can remember going to some raves back in the day where they used a lot of this old school video footage for film loops:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads