• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In serious need of suit help

Nailjohnj

Reaction score
Ok, so I know this question has been asked a million times on here (and I have searched for an answer) but what suit should I buy? I am a law student and currently have two suits that I have had for around 5 years, a navy blue givenchy and brown varvatos. Both of these suits are starting to show their age, the navy is getting a sheen to it that tells me it is time to start fazing them out. I was planning on finding a high quality suit over the summer to replace them by hitting the sales and getting a conservative charcoal or navy suit at a good price. Well, to date I have found nothing and to make matters worse (actually better, just worse in the suit realm) I now have some major interviews coming up in August. I need a good suit and I need to get it to my tailor like this weekend so I can get the suit done in time for my interviews. I can spend $600-800 or a little more for a suit, but I would need to know it is worth it. I am much more comfortable in the $500 range, hence the sale shopping.

I found a store going out of business that is selling z zenga suits at $400 and I found a charcoal with a faint pinstripe. I think this is it http://www.bluefly.com/Zegna-Z-Zegn...th-flat-front-trousers/p/300397401/detail.fly Is this a good option? Is it conservative enough/ good quality? The suit fits me well, but I want something that will at least get me through law school and look decent. Does anyone else have any other options for me? Thanks for the help!

saiyar1

Reaction score
Yes, that seems nice. Just make sure it fits to a tee.... Check the posts here for how a suit should fit. Then ask Jeff at Wizard of Aahs for the Benjamin (or whatever model will fit you best, ask him). They are canvassed and a nice basic suit according to people here. You need it quick and he can help you quickly. Get a navy and a solid charcoal. That makes 3 nice suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads