• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In praise of Vass

linux_pro

Reaction score
Oh my god. Those shoes are stunning. I've seriously wanted a pair of Vass for a while... ok, stop drooling, put down the mouse, step away from the computer.

I'm supposed to be testing the new forum and here I am envying the shoes of another member. Heh heh. Seriously... those are beautiful shoes, Chuck. You have excellent taste.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey LP, I know you have been busy with helping J but you really dropped off the edge of the world for a while.

have you settled into the civillized coast now?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my first pair of Vass shoes from Gabor a while back and got them in this week. Â Being around the high end stuff 24 hours per day you'd think that the thrill would wear off but nope, I was like a kid in a candy store. Everything was superb, I took pics as I opened the box so that you'd see'm as I did. Â From the bags, to the three-piece custom shoe trees to every minute detail they are perfect. Oxford Medallion, dark cognac, u last....
Vass1.jpg
vass3.jpg
I don't like at all. Look like rockers shoes. I guess Elvis was wearing this type of shoes? Not classic enough.

linux_pro

Reaction score
hey LP, I know you have been busy with helping J but you really dropped off the edge of the world for a while. have you settled into the civillized coast now?
Thanks for the concern. Yeah, I've been settling back into the single life and getting things done. It's nice to be a free agent again. And btw, Ernest, I don't think Elvis ever wore a pair of shoes like that. He wore blue suede shoes, remember? Rockers wear shoes more like this: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/537186/c/1670.html And shouldn't you be working on your resume right now?

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Ernest - strongly disagree. I think those are very elegant and very understated. I particularly like the floating medallion.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest - Your personality would make such a wonderfully effective birth control device.

I can rest easily now, nobody will look at my shoes and think "Unemployed welfare recipient who still lives with mom and dad".... which was not quite what I was going for.

Oh... and they are BROWN

Now I look like a farming gangster rocker I suppose.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest - Your personality would make such a wonderfully effective birth control device.

I can rest easily now, nobody will look at my shoes and think "Unemployed welfare recipient who still lives with mom and dad".... which was not quite what I was going for.

Oh... and they are BROWN

Now I look like a farming gangster rocker I suppose.
Chuck -

With the Beaman suit you ordered at the same time, those Vass shoes, a Franco shirt and tie, you would be denied an application in most welfare offices I know of. However, you would be welcome on the stage at any county fair deep in the heart of farm country to sing your rock-and-roll ditties.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chuck: In case Ernest's comments have damaged your psyche or made you question your choice in footwear, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for half of what you paid for them. I feel I have the "rock 'n roll personality" that could carry this outlandish style. I love Hawaiian shirts, so I'm already a lot like Elvis. I'm a giver.
biggrin.gif

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JBZ - I'll be sure to pack up my brown suits and anything with alligator or croc and make it a package deal :)

Ernest is the gift that keeps on giving... there are so many subtle ways to suggest that he self-copulate and they just pass effortlessly over his unkempt locks....

seanandnik

Reaction score
the shoes really are great looking, but how do fit your foot in them with those wooden things in them ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads