1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

In Praise of Trickers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lawman, May 13, 2009.

1. bgk

bgk Member

Have got the muirfield and I like it. Fits pretty TTS, cant really tell that much it's a rubber sole and good if you live in a rainy area. The brown is quite dark, which I think makes it more flexible for work. Will try to get pix up but my camera is rubbish.

2. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Can anyone shed some light as to the Jeremy brogue?

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/trickers/products/3205.php

Looks like a Bourton in suede with a crepe sole, but it's part of the 1829 collection.

Also hadn't realized that Pediwear had some Trickers SMUs. The navy Bourton on dainite sole is rather nice.

3. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Can anyone help me find a pair of shoes similar to the Tricker's shown below? The model is called the Robert. There were several pairs available here a few months ago, but I was too indecisive. The closest I can think of is the Alden PTB in whiskey or ravello, although that would be over 2x as expensive as these Tricker's. [​IMG]

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

5. Milkcansan

Milkcansan Member

In the end I pull the trigger on the Marron Antique Bourton at 8.5
    Fit like a glove - eh... shoe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Can anyone help me find a pair of shoes similar to the Tricker's shown below? The model is called the Robert. There were several pairs available here a few months ago, but I was too indecisive. The closest I can think of is the Alden PTB in whiskey or ravello, although that would be over 2x as expensive as these Tricker's.

[​IMG]

What size? UK or US?

7. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

What size? UK or US?

10 UK or 10.5 US. (I have a pair of Tricker's in UK10 that fits me perfectly)

8. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

9. Racove

Racove Senior member

It is not really a collection, like the Country, 1829 or Jermyn collection. To my experience Tricker's use it to describe shoes on their W2298 last. This is more of a country last, but slightly slimmer and longer compared to the country classics like Bourton and Malton. Not a bad choice for some nice dirty bucks, I guess...
    Yours,
    Mr. Tweed

Anymore sizing advice for this W2298 last? This is the only post I could find. I don't know my size relative to other Trickers. I'm typically a 9D in US shoes. 8.5D is AE Park Avenues, 8.5D Alden barrie last etc.

10. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

thrifted an old pair of trickers [​IMG] wondering what, if any, leather treatment i should use on them(they're quite dry at the creases

11. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

That looks like a solid pair. I notice that the eyelets are pulled together really closely. Is that your true size or does it feel roomy?

In any case, if you can find some light brown shoe cream (I think the Allen Edmonds website has some) that certainly wouldn't hurt.

12. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

I'm in the hunt for a pair of Tricker's in the Henry model, without the commando sole. Which is the best place to find them?

13. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

the tricker's are these: [​IMG]
    A member has offered me his Tricker's shoes. The problem is that I wear either 9.5 or 10Uk shoes in AS, Sanders and C &J. The shoes he is offering are marked "10.5", which according to him is a 10.5UK, but I've also hear some members say its a 10UK on a 5 fitting. What i have heard is that the Tricker's run a little short in length and it's not a bad idea to size up. Can anyone confirm is the tricker's marked 10.5 will be Ok for UK 10.

14. cb200

cb200 Active Member

I have a trickers loafer that is labeled as a "10-5" and I believe that means 10 length and 5 for a normal width.
    For clarity inside the shoe it says 10 hyphen 5 and not "10.5".

15. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

I have a trickers loafer that is labeled as a "10-5" and I believe that means 10 length and 5 for a normal width.
    For clarity inside the shoe it says 10 hyphen 5 and not "10.5".

+ 1.

It's the exact same on my pair of Tricker's. Size 10 width 5.

16. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Careful when ordering these. I bought mine from a member on here, clearly labeled 11.5 in 5 width (inside said 11 1/2 - 5), which is what I wear in the Bourton and Stow (normally MTO only size). However when these arrived they were much shorter than my other Trickers and now my best friend is enjoying them. [​IMG]

17. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ Belated thanks for your replies. I have more questions. I am considering buying these shoes from the Tricker's ebay shop. They are available in both 9.5 and 10UK. I generally wear 9.5 Uk in C&J and Grenson rose though for some reason I need a 10Uk in chukkas (both CJ and AS). So what size would you suggest. I had asked about beechnut burnished color before and Mr.Tweed and Wes Bourne had kindly posted pics as well. Now, can some tell me if the color of the shoes on ebay is accurate to the actual color of beechnut burnished calf. Link to the shoes http://cgi.ebay.com/Trickers-Factory...ht_1401wt_1137

18. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Tricker's in my experience fit a tiny bit big.

19. Mr. Tweed

Mr. Tweed Well-Known Member

^^ Belated thanks for your replies.

I have more questions. I am considering buying these shoes from the Tricker's ebay shop. They are available in both 9.5 and 10UK. I generally wear 9.5 Uk in C&J and Grenson rose though for some reason I need a 10Uk in chukkas (both CJ and AS). So what size would you suggest.

I had asked about beechnut burnished color before and Mr.Tweed and Wes Bourne had kindly posted pics as well. Now, can some tell me if the color of the shoes on ebay is accurate to the actual color of beechnut burnished calf.

Link to the shoes http://cgi.ebay.com/Trickers-Factory...ht_1401wt_1137

Mr. Tweed at your service...

Regarding sizing there is unfortunately no other method but trying them on to be able to choose between half sizes. It all depends on how your feet compare to the last. Chukkas are often made on slim equestrian lasts, and if you have wide feet you might need to size up. Tricker's 1829 collection is not as wide as their Country collection, and just slightly longer than the Jermyn collection. It is, however, not a slim last, and I doubt that you would have to size up to get them wide enough. But you will never know until you have tried them on.

Regarding the colour it looks like Beechnut burnished on my screen, but how it looks on your is a different matter. Some of the pictures look a little dark, and some of them a little light. Beechnut is a classic brown colour, not dark brown, and certainly not tan. Perfect for a sports jacket, or for your navy suit on a less formal occasion.

Just buy them and try them...

Yours,
    Mr. Tweed

20. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I had asked about beechnut burnished color before and Mr.Tweed and Wes Bourne had kindly posted pics as well. Now, can some tell me if the color of the shoes on ebay is accurate to the actual color of beechnut burnished calf.

Link to the shoes http://cgi.ebay.com/Trickers-Factory...ht_1401wt_1137

The lightest pic in that listing still appears quite darker and more reddish/orange on my monitor than the 1 pair of Regents I had in Beechnut Burnished calf, e.g. the color is not nearly as saturated irl. Same with the pics of my Regents... [​IMG]