1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

In Praise of Trickers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lawman, May 13, 2009.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just ordered a pair of suede Trickers with rubber soles from B&S. I love suede bucks and thought this would be an interesting alternative to wear with denim and sport coats. I will post some pics when they arrive. I sure hope they fit, I hear Trickers vary a lot depending upon the last.

2. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

Hey, I'm trying to figure out some sizing stuff. I'm almost certainly going to get the Malton with a Commando sole, which only comes in the wider 6 fitting. Anyone have any insight on this? Is it significantly wider? I'm already going to be sizing down 1/2 size since I've heard the country collection requires it.
    I haven't tried the 6 fitting (and have no reason to), but the 5 fitting country last is already wider than 5 fitting city lasts at the same size. Sizing down 1/2 size did not work for me. The boot is wide enough -- maybe a touch too wide, even -- but too short. Unfortunately for my budget, 4 fitting boots are only available by special order.

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Just for info theres a pair of Trickers Lambourn in Beechnut for sale here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trickers-BRND-...item4a9e5b57e2

Theyre a UK7.5 and it looks a very very good steal at only £90 plus post, they normally go for around £270 Someone here should get these theyre lovely !!!!

4. srivats

srivats Senior member

I am a tricker's fan now ... I just recieved these from B&S and they are really nice. They seem to be pretty well made, though some might consider the thick sole clunky.

For $125, they are worth every penny.

5. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

I've been buying Tricker's shoes for quite a while... I've always been very happy with them...

Belgrave
    [​IMG]

Piccadilly
    [[​IMG]

Piccadilly
    [​IMG]

Lambourn
    [​IMG]

Herman
    [​IMG]

Richmond
    [​IMG]

Mayfair
    [​IMG]

Stow
    [​IMG]

6. kev777

kev777 Senior member

7. Nicolas440

Nicolas440 New Member

If I may contribute to

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

Seems they don't make a narrow width shoe, is that correct?

9. walneal

walneal Senior member

Lovely Boots N
    what's the damage? From shoe healer?

10. Nicolas440

Nicolas440 New Member

Lovely Boots N
    what's the damage? From shoe healer?

Thank you! Indeed, I asked to "Shoe healer" for this MTO. I paid 295 GBP...

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Any idea where I can get a pair like the one in the pics below. This is on sale on ebay right now but not in my size. [​IMG]

12. Francisco

Francisco Senior member

u can try asking pediwear as I know they can help u to do a custom made design from Trickers.

13. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^ Thanks for the suggestion. I could try Pediwear or even Shoe Healer but one reason I am hesitant to do that is that I am unsure of my size in Trickers. I could send back a pair of regular shoes if they didnt fit me but would be stuck with a MTO. The other factor is cost. The MTO range at Shoe healer starts at 295 GBP exc VAT. I could get this Church's for 308 euros less 20% VAT. [​IMG] Guess I would have to wait till one pops up on Trickers ebay shop

14. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Requested a quote on some custom trickers today similar to the Junya X trickers of 2009 with a different sole and suede and they want roughly 600 shipped to the US.

My father being in his 70's says they are worth every penny but I am having a tough time deciding if my pockey book can justify the cost.

15. duration

duration Senior member

Well. I just feel like I have to chip in at this point - my tan belgraves are pretty cool! Got them mid-way last year. The blue box is awesome btw, beats CJ's dreary green packaging. I just wish Trickers had some really dark brown colors, something like the CJ ones. Has anyone here made a custom order of an existing model, with modifications to color only?

16. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Espresso isn't dark enough for you? It's almost black!

17. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Espresso isn't dark enough for you? It's almost black!

Mine appear lighter than usual here (lots of natural light).

18. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Worth bringing up again, Wes, they're wonderful.

19. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Thanks, I do like them a lot; I've probably worn them once or twice every week since I got them. Re Tricker's Espresso: I briefly had a pair of their Regent calfskin captoes in that colour with natural sole edge finishing, MTO for a German retailer (returned them because of needle drag marks). That pair could pass for black depending on the lighting.

20. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

my espressos definitely are not black, they are clearly brown

[​IMG]