• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

In praise of Tiecrafters/ narrowing

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally made it back to the USA, and got to see the results of the tiecrafters job on two neckties. I had a a Zegna and a Stefano Ricci narrowed, and they came out PERFECTLY! Tiecrafters did a phenom job, the ties look fantastic and will be perfect with my newest suits (especially the oxxford radcliff with narrower lapels, and the 3 button suits that typically have narrower lapels).

Highly recommend them-- be forwarned, they don't take credit cards so be sure to include payment in the form of a check or money order, cashiers check. The total cost for the two ties for me was $43.00

http://www.tiecrafters.com/alterations.html

bc78

Reaction score
+1

I recently had 8 ties narrowed at tie crafters. All were perfect.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for us poor non-NYC living miserable wretches, how does it work?

Can I send the ties in with instructions on desired alteration?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lee--
Yes, that's exactly what I did. I did it all by mail order, from the website-- prob a good idea to call and verify the cost of the services including shipping back to you. What a great business, I hope they stay around for a good long time.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foxx, thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, the website does say they take credit card, but you say no?

what's the turn around time?

I'm thinking of thinning my tie from 4" to 3.5"

Can they do all kinds of ties? Even 7-fold and maintain the 7-foldness?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they do all kinds of ties, regardless of construction but a quick call would be in order for that i think. no idea why they emailed me that no credit cards allowed, but it was an easy fix with a money order from the bank or whatnot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40