1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

In praise of Brown

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Light blue shirt and a knit tie.

2. kylepw

kylepw Member

Yeah, I actually hit the button on a light blue button-collar oxford shirt that I'm waiting for.

Knit tie: would silk work? I hear that cashmere or wool would be better options to pair with a tweed. Also, any ideas on color? I was thinking a dark red challis wool by Sam Hober. As for navy, there's none in the jacket so might seem off, dunno.

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I think silk knits would look good with that.

4. bc78

bc78 Senior member

This is a double post from menswear advice, hope that's ok. Just figured this thread would be a good place to ask about a dark brown suit. I'm having a bit of trouble finding shirts and ties to go with my dark brown suit because it's kind of a cool, greyish brown. I think it looks quite nice with a citified look -- a white shirt and black tie or a white shirt and a grey wedding type tie. However, I mostly wear blue shirts.

Anyone have any advice on what kind of tie would pull this together?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think any of these from NMWA website would work to compliment or pop against a blue shirt and your brownish suit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bc78

bc78 Senior member

Ah, thank you very much. I have a burnt orange tie from Chipp that should work like the 3rd one you posted.