• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In need of good tailor/cleaner in rockville, md

blackey1

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here, but the first thing I'd like to address is my current need for a tailor that can slim things out for me and a dry cleaner who LISTENS to my requests they hand press instead of flattening my collar. Does anyone know of somewhere in Rockville, MD that will do a good job? The tailor and dry cleaners should be separate. it just annoys the hell out of me when I get my shirts back and the top of the collar is just about flat.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London Tailor on Wisconsin in Bethesda is a good tailor. I would trust him with anything. His wife sometimes translates but the guy is the real deal when it comes to tailoring. As far as dry cleaning, I have no idea. I hand wash my delicate ****.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's not in Rockville but...

You can take it to Parkway in Chevy Chase. They'll do whatever you want; that is, except take their genitalia out of your bum as they shake you down for every penny you have.

(read: they're hella expensive)

http://www.parkwaydrycleaning.com/

blackey1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
London Tailor on Wisconsin in Bethesda is a good tailor. I would trust him with anything. His wife sometimes translates but the guy is the real deal when it comes to tailoring. As far as dry cleaning, I have no idea. I hand wash my delicate ****.

do you have a range for charges for say...bringing in a shirt and suit alterations (ie. jacket cuff, slim sleeve, bring in jacket, pants, etc.?) thanks for the feedback

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Re: cleaner/laundry... I used to live in Potomac and used SK Cleaners on Randolph Road in Rockville. He's not far from where Randolph meets Rockville Pike. I don't recall his pricing, but Sarkis (the owner) was always very accomodating and professional. Additionally, he did pick-up and delivery for almost no extra charge, which was terrific. Call him and ask about hand-pressing collars - I have no idea if he does that, but it's worth trying.

Re: tailors... For basic stuff, I used Sarkis, who did solid, affordable work on things like waists, cuffs/hems, etc. He even did some basic tailoring on 1-2 suit jackets for me and I was pleased. For more detailed or difficult work, you might want to take the advice of the other guys who posted...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Parkway was able to work miracles for me on more than one occasion. If you need to bring something back from the dead, the price suddenly seems fair.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackey1
do you have a range for charges for say...bringing in a shirt and suit alterations (ie. jacket cuff, slim sleeve, bring in jacket, pants, etc.?) thanks for the feedback

I can tell you he charged me $10 for each working sleeve button hole and I believe 60 to take in the waist of a jacket. As an expirement I had him recut the shoulders, chest and take in the waist of a sport coat and the total price was $180 and it looked great. He will happily give you a flyer with all the awards he won as a tailor in Korea. I know he has a big custom shirt business.

blackey1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. i actually just got a suit off the forum, DB, so i may seek out the services on that. I'll try london and see what they can offer.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Viking Cleaners for 98% of cleaning jobs (shirts/slacks). They are in Silver Spring, but do home pickup/delivery. I'm not crazy about them, but they have never broken a button or screwed up anything, and they follow directions. For special items (formal/tuxedo shirts, most suits), I use Parkway (they also do home delivery/pickup).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics