• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in need of a good belt

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know this was asked already only a few days ago but most of the responses were an argument about whether or not this subject is worthy of a new thread and not many answers to the OPs actual question, and since i was wondering the same ill ask again

who makes a good dress belt that doesnt cost an arm and a leg

if your comment is only about the worthiness of this thread do me a favor and keep it to yourself

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
geez!!! really. a good belt is black/browm/etc and holds your pants up!!! spend as little or as less on it. buy 2 black and brown/etc and they weill last twice as long. NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
geez!!! really. a good belt is black/browm/etc and holds your pants up!!! spend as little or as less on it. buy 2 black and brown/etc and they weill last twice as long. NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!

i was hoping to get some responses like this, its so much fun and so easy
devil.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously..i have belts for jeans......belts for slacks.....most of my suit pants have tabs so no need. i have colored belts. shades of brown. etc. prob have appr 15+. they can last forever....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me explain myself i have bought many belts and spent maybe a max of $100+, some have fallen apart others have lasted a while, so, is there anyone who is known to make a quality long lasting belt (keeps its color, doesnt crack..) for a reasonable price (absolute max $200) ?

asdf

Reaction score
Dress(ier): Allen Edmonds
Casual: Leather Goods Connection

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Trafalgar makes decent quality, affordable (<$100, sometimes less than $30) belts. Hermes makes exceptional quality, expensive belts. I also like the casual RL belts, as I haven't yet had one fall apart on me, but for dress Trafalgar is probably the best of the worst (or worst of the best, if you like).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads