In-house tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by iPadTwo, May 19, 2011.

1. iPadTwo

iPadTwo Member

Which stores have good in-house tailors for suits? Off the top of my head, the only place I could think of is Nordstrom, but their suits seem a little pricey.

Do Men's wearhouse and JoS A. Bank have them? How are their services?

Thanks!

2. tgt465

tgt465 Senior member

I've only used an in-house tailor once, so do not have much experience with them, but the general consensus seems to be that they are typically mediocre, and that you would be better off finding a good tailor outside of the stores. I also wouldn't pick a store to shop at just for their tailoring service.

3. jhva3

jhva3 Senior member

I've only used an in-house tailor once, so do not have much experience with them, but the general consensus seems to be that they are typically mediocre, and that you would be better off finding a good tailor outside of the stores. I also wouldn't pick a store to shop at just for their tailoring service.

I've had some horrific alterations at BB (I think they send most of it out to the same place in Long Island). Got a pair of pants with a seam through the cuffs and a BBBF jacket where they decided to put four working buttons on each cuff(standard is two). My SA took care of me both times, but I would be hesitant to ever pay for alterations there.