Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

In-between suit sizes- brutal!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mapkos13, Jul 20, 2014.

1. mapkos13

mapkos13 Member

So here I am in no-mans land.

38s jackets always fit fantastic. I usually still need some work on the sleeve length, a little work in-between the shoulders, and get some work done to bring in the sides a bit. Not much actually, and some are close right off the bat.

My issue comes with the pants. 38 with what I've been finding as a drop 6 kills me. It's not the waste itself as I know I can get that let out a bit. The front going down to the upper thighs is just too tight unfortunately.

Now I have to go up to a 40s and the jackets just don't fit as well, albeit there is less work I'd guess than trying to work with limited fabric in the pants where I need it.

So I know Hugo Boss isn't a fan favorite, and I do own a couple and they fit very well wearing a 38s or a 40s in slim.

I have a Canali in a 40s that works well but it needs a lot of work as I feel like I'm starting to swim in the jacket, but the pants are good.

Does anyone have any experience with suits that have the same type of fit a the HB? Maybe a brand that is drop 4 in a slim which may work well?

I've tried Isaia, Valentino, Hickey Freeman, Armani, etc. All basically the same problem. Jacket fits great, especially the Valentino, pants are useless.

Great site- I always look forward to the group think tank!

2. rc121

rc121 Senior member

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

If it's S or R, then try Brooks Brothers for suit separates.