• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Appreciation of cuffthis

Reaction score
A special thanks to cuffthis for helping me to get through an interminable day at work. Friday afternoon syndrome set in before lunch. I spent this time, pleasantly distracted searching through the many pages of the HOF What Are You Wearing Right Now to find cuffthis contributions. Every entry was so well put together. I also liked the non-wardrobe additions to his entries. That said, I do wonder if you were getting product placement royalties when you included the 2001 Chateau LePreuil. I would encourage you to put together a website of your own where you can collect these images in one place. Again, very well done and thanks.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...I would encourage you to put together a website of your own where you can collect these images in one place. Again, very well done and thanks.
Ummm... I think we recently had someone do this with less than savory results from the forum...
cry.gif

Reaction score
(SartorialSplendour @ Feb. 18 2005,16:14) ...I would encourage you to put together a website of your own where you can collect these images in one place. Again, very well done and thanks.
Ummm... I think we recently had someone do this with less than savory results from the forum...
cry.gif

I was thinking about the 21st Century Fogey as well as I was writing this and was hoping no one would take that line. How naive of me. I was serious, though. At least the cuffthis photos don't border on parody. They are well conceived ensembles and I truly appreciated viewing them.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(FIHTies @ Feb. 18 2005,11:15)
Originally Posted by SartorialSplendour,Feb. 18 2005,16:14
...I would encourage you to put together a website of your own where you can collect these images in one place. Again, very well done and thanks.
cry.gif

I was thinking about the 21st Century Fogey as well as I was writing this and was hoping no one would take that line. How naive of me. I was serious, though. At least the cuffthis photos don't border on parody. They are well conceived ensembles and I truly appreciated viewing them.
In case you have forgotten, he was serious as well. One man's passion etc... I think that if one were to have online a site detailing pictorialy their sartorial preferences it would open them up to all sorts of criticisms from all sorts of people regardless of how they dressed.

cuffthis

Reaction score
SS, thank you for your kind words. I wear what I like. My inspirations are the 1930's, the height of mens wear. Thank you to J for creating and maintaining a great site where like minded people can share thoughts, visions, pictures and all things  sartorial. Bravo, J. Today, no clothing pics taken (Mrs. Cuffthis out of town). But a lovely winter evening to spend in front of my library fireplace. Still looking for the ideal smoking jacket Got to go, need more Port from cellar...................

JohnMS

Reaction score
Nice place.  I'm assuming if you and Mrs. Cuffthis have/had any kids they are grown and out of the house because my four little ones would unintentionally destroy the breakables in short order.  (I'm envying the fireplace)

cuffthis

Reaction score
I'm assuming if you and Mrs. Cuffthis have/had any kids they are grown and out of the house because my four little ones would unintentionally destroy the breakables in short order

No kids. Just me and the misses and a 10lb dog.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta say this. As a custom shirtmaker, what other would be the logical thing to collect than cufflinks? Well, besides fabrics and buttons. So I set out ... and over the years accumulated a few hundred pairs. Began to walk, chest puffed out and with a noticeable swagger - you know, "he who has the most toys when he dies, wins". Then, vicariously of course, I met cuffthis. Gone was the swagger. The jut of the chest was history. Reduced me right back to a little pisher. Thanks for sharing. No thanks for reducing an old man to a ball of goo.
biggrin.gif
Keep those gorgeous photos coming.

cuffthis

Reaction score
My collection is over 2,000 pairs. But....................

I know of 5-6 fellow collectors who have over 5,000 pairs.

And I know a gentleman who reportably has 35,000 pairs. Although I don't know who counted them for him.

I am a slacker next to these gentlemen.

PS - I truly admire artisans like you Alex. Keep up the good work. The future of menswear depends on the talents you and your peers have. I hope the next generation has talented artisans like you who can turn concepts into reality.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope the next generation has talented artisans like you who can turn concepts into reality.
Thank you, cuffthis. Joelle and I are working on it. We've got one handling fabrics in the computer design department, another in charge of sanitation engineering, and the oldest one heading up the cutting department.
KidsAtWork01.jpg

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuffthis,

Just out of curiosity, does your wife find it odd to take pictures of your attire? To the casual observer, our little forum must appear as A) just plain wierd, B) a gathering of "in-the-closet" gay men, or C) a gathering place for men cheating on their wives/girlfriends with other women.

And then when she finds the latest receipt from a RLPL MTM event....

cuffthis

Reaction score
Cuffthis, Just out of curiosity, does your wife find it odd to take pictures of your attire?
I think she's way past the point of thinking it odd. But she's used to it. I think she finds it more strange that 2-3 pairs of (more) cufflinks arrive in the mail each week. She thinks I have enough already.
omg.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads